Do you know how exhausting it was to have religious truama and accidentally trigger myself literally everytime I said “oh my god” or “thank god”??
The adhd combo didn’t help at all. One time I was looking at a cracked phone screen and my brain went:
Cracked phone-> cracks on a sidewalk-> step on a crack break ya momma’s back-> if my mom’s back broke she would die-> my mom thinks I’m going to hell when I die-
lmao gods a carpet muncher, she told me herself
is there a jesus christ superstar discord server-
It’s most definitely real and I didn’t process mine until last year when I was talking about a very specific thing that happened that stemmed from my parents’ religious beliefs and my friends, who were also Catholic, were like “Baby what the fuck 😃” and I was like “wait did y’all’s parents not do this too?? Is that not normal?”
“NO 😃 that’s lowkey religious-based abuse 😃” and I was like “oh 😃” and yeah…….it’s real skdnsjsjsjs older generations love using religion to justify their outdated beliefs and practices and in turn, that falls back on their young children, who didn’t know any better ❤️
This episode did not take me by surprise the way that Rhett’s did. Link is such a verbal processor, and appears to wear his heart very much on his sleeve. Meanwhile, Rhett seems to be so careful with what he reveals in what context, that sometimes it feels like a crapshoot trying to predict what he’s going to choose to unbury from beneath his protective layers!
Warning: relatively calm day bc students said no humor
• Teacher: We’re gonna write down the key events for the rest of the year in our handy-dandy notebook
Me, who’s been watching the new Blue’s Clues: HANDY-DANDY NOTEBOOK
• Teacher: ”End of segundo trimestero.” I just made that up.
• Teacher: Friday, my day, stay at home and par-tay
lolol this is so funny i cant. why is repressed sexuality stuff such a big part of christianity
side note: im a former protestant so whenever people talk about catholicism it can fall anywhere on the scale from “wow that is almost my exact experience” to “wow i barely know what you’re talking about but religion/christianity sure is wild huh man”
also another side note: have you seen derry girls cause i think there’s a good chance you might like it
working on drawing again. this demon nun is my first finished peice in a while, i wanted to try out a pixel style and it came out cool, i think
[screaming, but it’s festive bc it’s purim]
Y’all I can’t, my dad today told us while reading the Bible me that there are people who use it to ￼corrupt and destroy others and istg THATS EXACTLY WHAT CHRISTIANS DO!!!! ALL CHRISTIANS DO IS USE THE BIBLE TO TRY AND JUSTIFY THEIR HOMOPHOBIA. YOU CANT SAY GOD LOVES EVERYONE AND THEN SAY BUT ONLY IF YOURE STRAIGHT !!!ALL CHRISTIANS DO IS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OTHERS LITERALLY ,TRYING TO GUILT TRIP US INTO BECOMING CHRISTIAN. OTHER RELIGIONS DONT TRY TO SHOVE IT DOWN OUR THROATS FUCK YOU
THE FUCKING HYPOCRISY
Pope Ethan is a thing and I don’t thing I’ve ever seen content for this before. Am I late to this or did this not become a thing?
4) favorite character you’ve written
Fanfic: probably New Skin AU!Annleigh. She’s so out of character but she was so much fun to write.
Original work: I really enjoyed writing Gaia in my 2019 Script. They let me explore my personal views on deity as a pagan raised in the Catholic Church. They’re still a little messy but the writing process helped.
8) favorite genre to write
Fanfic: Crack fic. 100%
Original Work: I just write whatever my characters want it to be.
12) your weaknesses as an author
Fanfic: I have a very specific narratorial voice. Is that a weakness? Unclear but it results in me using certain structures (like this one) a lot even if it doesn’t really fit the story or the POV character
Original Work: Continuity, whomst? Also I let my characters drive the plot instead of planning ahead which results in a lot of weird pacing and unexpected turns.
16) are there any characters who haunt you?
All of my characters haunt me. Sometimes I remember The Weavers from a short play I wrote for a competition. Oh and Andrew the Borb haunts me every time I see a piece of pottery.
20) do you write in long sit-down sessions or in little spurts?
Long sessions. 100%. That’s why I only write short fanfics. If I don’t do it all at once it’ll either never get finished or it’ll be full of continuity errors
24) have you ever become an expert on something you previously knew nothing about, in order to better a scene or a story?
No. I usually go the other way and write stories specifically to use my weirdly specialized knowledge on a topic.
• Teacher: Why you creeping up in my space, boy?
• Teacher: I am so mad at [student’s full name] right now. He didn’t say anything.
• We interrupt your regularly scheduled program to remind you to not call people r*t*rds and that people with Down Syndrome are beautiful
• Yes this is relevant to my class, fortunately in a positive way
• Teacher: Do you guys like this pandemic?
Teacher: This pandemic stinks!
• Teacher: I hate to say it, but there’s nothing more American than McDonald’s.
• Student: We have the meats, We have the frozen meats. Y’know, one guy at Arby’s just spat in his chicken and said, ”That was a delicious meal!”
• Student: I’m gonna take them to Popeye’s and tell them they have no drinks.
Teacher: That wasn’t a tour guide!
Other student: That was just a fact!
• Student: Let’s go to the epic game studio because I heard you liked to crank 90s.
• Student: Now Elysium is where the best people in the world (aka me) go when they die.
• Teacher: You’re our new school tour guide, we gotta get rid of [principal].
One of the biggest perks of being raised religious is being able to respond “I’ll pray about it” to big questions, when you just don’t want to reply. Not only can they not say shit, they respect you for it! It’s called gaming the system that fucked me up.
aw i’m so sorry that’s not okay
as someone who is christian and very gay, o can assure you that the bible never says anything about gays besides that it’s less common than being straight. like that’s it
i rarely bring up religion on here because it rightfully so is a triggering topic that i don’t like bringing up unless someone asks me.