Plush toy care tips!
Here’s a few little tips on how to fix up a well loved plush if you ever happen to stumble across one.
1) Handwash in hot water use shampoo and conditioner on the fur (conditioner gives a more soft and fluffy finish than fabric softer) Depending on the damage soaking in napisan can help remove stains and excessive dirt.
2) Hand rinse and shake them, you can use a washing machine but this can damage fabrics and misplace stuffing.
3) Go over the fur with a Slicker brush while they are still wet, The fine bristles on these brushes are thin enough and firm enough to straiten out knots and tangles.
4) Line dry, if you can avoid pegs as they do sometimes leave imprints in the fabric but usually these disappear with some time and brushing.
5) Touch up any missing paint with acrylic, its durable paint but is noticeable if you get it in the right light.
6) If the stuffing has been squished out make a small incision and re-stuff them.
7) Enjoy your plush! <3
Simba on the left of the last picture is good condition and the one on the right is the one which has been restored.
248 notes · View notes