MULTIMUSE ASK GAME | @walkingshcdow (thank you dear!!)
1. if you have a ‘main muse’, who besides them do you think could be your main muse?
So Andrei is my “main muse” if any of them are. We know this. I’d say… idk, I could probably write Jack Kelly as a main muse pretty well. Or Marya Bolkonskaya. Maybe Raoul de Chagny.
2. is there a muse you write a lot that you’re tired of writing?
Not really? I don’t really think I write quickly enough to categorize any of my muses as ones I write “a lot.” Guess that’s the silver lining to that cloud!
3. is there a muse you never write, but want to write more?
answered here! <3
4. how many muses did you have when you started your blog? how many do you have now?
Ah, jeez, I’m not sure? I want to say… five. I think the original lineup was Ophelia and Laertes from Hamlet (don’t write them anymore as the muse fizzled out, sadly), Maladh (a Narnia oc that got moved to my Narnia blog), Luke Skywalker (don’t write him anymore either), and Raoul de Chagny. Who’s still here! Yay for Raoul.
Now I have… sixteen on this blog. It happens.
5. what are your criteria for adding new muses?
There has to be something about their personality that grabs me. Usually it’s something that resonates within myself – there’s a lot about myself that I can pick out among my muses. I’d say I also have to love the source material. Even if it’s an engaging character, I feel like if the source material feels weak, I probably won’t pick them up.
6. what’s the max amount of muses you’re willing to have at one time?
I feel like this is the sort of question that comes back to bite you later. Idk… I feel like if I had more than 20 on this blog it might start to feel a little unwieldy. Probably the max amount for me to be totally comfortable is around 10-12.
7. have you ever dropped muses from your blog? if so, were there any you dropped but brought back later?
Yep! I totally have. I don’t think I’ve brought any of them back that I can recall. I’m down to bring some of them back if I ever get the drive to do so!
8. do you have a muse who is a terrible person, but very fun to write?
I mean… Andrei can be an asshole sometimes, but I really love him. I guess I also try to make sure that Crowley (in the rare times I write Crowley) isn’t defanged, which is actually kinda hard. He walks a thin line that’s hard to balance somehow. Note that I wouldn’t say that either of them are terrible people. I tend to kinda steer clear from that; idk, I just don’t have as much fun.
9. which of your muses do you find the most difficult to get down correctly?
answered here :D
10. how upset do you get when someone doesn’t specify muse?
I find it pretty frustrating. Like… it takes about a second and it’s pretty likely that people already have a short list in their head. If we know each other SUPER well and were just talking about whatever idea I’m writing, then okay, but even then I’d still rather they specified, just to say.
The thing is, if someone doesn’t specify muse, I have sixteen muses that can vary pretty wildly from each other. So if someone doesn’t specify and I write something they don’t vibe with, then we’re all :/ . And it makes it easier to write something if I know what muse they want.
Even specifying a fandom works for me, though! Like if someone was like “I have this character of mine, would you write me something from one of your War & Peace muses?” etc, that would work for me.