Romance Webtoon Recommendations
For my dear mutual @lady-of-a-castle ♥
My Other Manga/Webtoon Recs Lists:
Good Shoujo/Josei/Shounen Romance
Mafia/Gangs/Yakuza Mangas & Webtoons
i don't read much romances but these are some of the few good ones I've read/am reading cause i love the plot.
*pardon me, if you've read some of these already :3
• Freaking Romance
(sorry for the long cover but i love it so much)
- FAVOURITE ♡
- Two people from different dimensions fall in love but can't be together cause they're from different worlds entirely.
- All the leading characters are LGBTQIA+ (good representation). Even the creator is a non binary person.
- Zelan's (male lead) duality. One minute he's the softest soft boy; the next he's freaking sexy
• I stan the Prince
(read it officially on TappyToon or other free manga sites)
- my comfort manhwa
- This was an unusual plot for a manhwa. Angela, an orphan girl in the medieval era writes a fanfic about the First Prince of her country.
- Someone else publishes her fanfic and it ends up becoming a bestseller, causing the things from her fanfic to spread all over the nation.
- This causes the Prince to seek her out cause somehow her fanfic has improved his tarnished image. And the second prince's family wants her dead.
• Midnight Poppy Land
- The female lead isn't a typical skinny girl but an adorable chubby girl who, despite making a lot bad decisions, strives to keep on living positively.
- Enter this big man who works for a mafia family. He goes to retrieve something this girl accidentally picked up but ends up having a crush.
• The Wrath and The Dawn
- a sort of retelling of the well-known tales from "1001 Nights" (i'm actually currently reading the books its based on)
- the Caliph of his country takes a new Bride every night & she is killed off by the next morning.
- Enter the female lead, who volunteers to become one of these brides. She goes for revenge but will she stay for love?
- all poc characters
- This one makes me feel really warm and fluffy but also sad at certain points.
- The male lead tells the story of how he met his muse, a mystical being of the seas and fell in love with them.
- Lots of adorable moments of this mystical creature learning their way around the human activities and trying to fit in amongst the creatures of land (the best part was when she discovers laptop and internet XD )
• The Remarried Empress
- The Emperor returns with a new lover after his battle and well, ofc its bound to upset his Empress.
- Enter the crown prince of neighboring nation. He immediately falls for the Empress. She likes him back but doesn't think its right to give up her duties as the empress for new-found love.
- a lot of angst, drama, politics, plotting and all that good stuff in a medieval setting romance.
• Secret Playlist
- an internet-based musician finds out she's classmates with a famous Kpop idol.
- funny thing is, she doesn't care much. But the kpop idol actually listens to her songs and is a big fan and wishes to collab.
- due to unprecedented circumstances, they have to work together and end up catching feelings.
• To Love Your Enemy
- Enemies to Lovers + Fake Dating
- Due to some bad history between them, the male lead absolutely doesn't like the female lead but sadly, they end up studying at the same college.
- the female lead is scared that the male lead will reveal her dark past and tarnish her image. So she tries to play friends with him to keep him from doing so.
- other students start thinking they're dating and so they themselves start fake dating, which ofc leads to them actually falling for each other XD
• Devil No. 4
- a girl who is completely tired of her lifestyle falls for the scheme of Devil (a real devil!)
- The devil's job is to lure his targets by the usual promises of lavish lifestyle and such. But this girl just won't have it. She wants happiness and well, in trying to satisfy his customer and get his job done..he ends up falling in love with her.
- But a devil and human aren't supposed to make such unions. A lot of shit goes down but its worth the read!
• Nice To Meet You
- an art student secretly uses a guy at her college as her muse. After the occurrence of some misunderstandings, they end up becoming friends and maybe..more?
- lighthearted with slight angsty moments but you won't be able to put it down.
- loads of meme material (their entire friends squad is so funny XD )
1 note · View note