This is a month-long celebration of Wei Wuxian. We all love him and know he is the heart and soul of MDZS. We want to create and share content that highlight his best qualities. We want to give him the love he deserves!
Who can participate?
Do you love WWX? You can participate! This is not a fanfic only event. We will be accepting fic, art, fic rec, moodboards, playlists, gifsets, amvs, crafts, the sky is the limit!
When is it taking place?
The event will start on WWX’s birthday, on 31st October, and go until 30th November. Two prompts per day - one SFW and one NFSW.
SFW post and NSFW post
1. We will provide a posting template on the 30th of October along with the detailed guidelines. You can follow it to make sure the content reaches us.
2. Tag us at @pocketfulofrecs on Tumblr and @wwx_mayhem on Twitter.
3. Use our hashtags wwx november mayhem on tumblr and #wwxnovembermayhem on Twitter.
4. We will provide banners for fic rec, fanfic, and playlist posts on the 30th of October as well. Please feel free to use them.
5. We will reblog all posts that follow the rules and guidelines.
1. Make sure everything you share is WWX-centric and follows novel canon characterization.
2. If you prefer donghua, CQL, or other canon characterization or character design, please tag your work accordingly.
3. The content should be in the spirit of our blog. Please don’t bash WWX during his birthday month.
4. You can do as many prompts as you like, just mention which prompts you use in the post.
5. You can share your work on Tumblr, Twitter, and Ao3. Follow the guidelines mentioned above.
A little late, but post-op sucked real bad yesterday.
ID: A screenshot redraw from The Untamed of Wei Wuxian in the rain at Qiongqi Path. He is drawn in grayscale from the shoulders up. His brows are lowered, and he stares with a sad, conflicted expression. He wears a woven hat and sits in the rain, which has matted parts of his hair. ED.
While I do sometimes want to write fics where Wei Wuxian calls out everyone on their horrible, terrible treatment of him, I won't do it, because, for me, it is a great, great disservice to his character. Wei Wuxian, is a kind, brilliant man, who lives by the words his mother told him, in the few memories he has of her. "remember the things others do for you, not the things you do for others. Only when people don’t hold so much in their hearts would they finally feel free."
Only when people don’t hold so much in their hearts would they finally feel free.
Wei Wuxian choosing to let go of all the horrors inflicted upon him in his past life takes great courage and is no simple thing. His gentleness, his kindness, is something he chose and letting go of the hurts others caused him is him being an incredibly compassionate character. Especially so, because in the entirety of the book, we see people blame their traumas for their actions.
Wei Wuxian is kind and inexplicably good, and I will not take that from him, no matter how much I want him to murder every one of those pretentious, entitled bastards.