i’m working on an actual wip page but for now i’ll put everything right here. please yell at me about these!
mother, mother: tag | ao3
characters: kenma, kuroo Tetsurou, kuroo’s family in all the forms that it takes
relationships: kuroken endgame [or mayhaps middlegame? we shall see]
- kuroken fic about family v found family and identity, also a getting together fic. i really really hope i can pull it off.
- aka the behemoth fic, because it’s ended up being much longer than I envisioned when I started it, and it’s taking forever to get through.
- currently sitting at 13k, will probably be around 30k total.
- chapter one is done and published, chapter two is in the middle of draft 1.5, chapter three will need major restructuring and rewriting
- i’m hoping to get through this draft by the end of 2020 at the latest but my focus has been so scattered
- i’m also planning a 5+1 things fic as like a backstory for this?
paranormal au: tag
rating: T probably
characters: i think everyone will show up or be mentioned at least once, but the main cast is kuroo, kenma, oikawa, iwazumi, bokuto, akaashi, and tendou
relationships: established kuroken, iwaoi, and bokuaka. will likely be more gen than romance leaning
- a bunch of crazy shit happens: kuroo and kenma explore a haunted house, oikawa finds a ouija board and summons something he didn’t mean to, and akashi gets possessed.
- thus oikawa decides to form a paranormal investigation company because “we have experience with this, we could make bank!”
- wildly swings between comedy and horror
- basically a buzzfeed unsolved au except i didn’t know what buzzfeed unsolved was until after i started this
- this is a series and probably my biggest project to date. there are three oneshots before the main plotline starts and i blame haikyuu horror week
- i’ve been sitting on this au since septemberish and i have zero ideas for the long plotline and i’m stuck at the beginning on the first fic. will probably need some major rewrites and restructuring. i’ve set this one on the back burner for now.
fantasy au: tag
rating: T i think?
characters: everyone shows up or is mentioned eventually, and the plot is focused on Fukurodani, Nekoma, Nohebi, and Seijoh, but the POV cast is Akaashi, Bokuto, Kenma, and Kuroo.
relationships: bokuaka and kuroken endgame [also may be middlegame, i can’t write a slow burn to save my life], will be more focused on plot than romance
- akaashi is the new-ish king of fukurodani who inherits a kingdom in crisis and has to navigate an alliance with a kingdom he can’t figure out the intentions of, defend the borders against two powerhouse kingdoms, and keep his biggest secrets under wraps. and deal with feelings he definitely doesn’t have for his personal guard.
- kenma, however, just wants to do his spellwork in peace when he’s sent on a diplomatic mission by the ruler of Nekoma, and gets into a lot more inter-kingdom policy than he ever wanted to deal with. also kuroo’s there too, and he doesn’t know what to think about it.
- this one i’m also having trouble making a plotline for, but it’s at least semi-coherent and i just need to hack at it for a bit. i really like the idea! i just can’t focus on it
- also i’ve done a shit ton of worldbuilding and it would be a shame to waste it
- this is my next longfic priority after i finish “mother, mother” unless the promare one swallows me again.
passing by [working title]
characters: so far it’s predominately Kenma, Hinata, Kuroo, and Suga shows up in there somewhere, but who knows what’s going to happen
relationships: undefined/ambiguous kuroken, one-sided kenhina, there’ll be some queerplatonic relationships in there too
- involves midnight road-trips, misunderstandings, more identity/discovery stuff, lies, blanket forts, and
- this is the fic i go back to when i need a break from chaptered stuff. it’s completely nonsensical and most of the time i open it it’s just to read and visualize it. i need to figure out a plot for it and possibly start drafting soon but right now it’s a side project
- how long will this be? no idea! it’s sitting just under 6k right now
- this one nebulous thing that may actually be two nebulous things but i don’t know yet
- i started a oneshot and i’m struggling to figure out where it’s going, but honestly it’s turning out to be more of an exploration of what a potential longer post-canon thing may be
- tl;dr: there’s something! but i don’t know what it is yet