You can’t write unless you read.
399 notes · View notes
Quotable – Tayari Jones
Find out more about the author here
34 notes · View notes
Get it down. Take chances. It may be bad, but it’s the only way you can do anything really good.
32 notes · View notes
The people in this world who can smile are always the strongest.
639 notes · View notes
Victor Hugo/ The Cat Returns/ House Of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski/ Creature by Half.Alive/ The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern/ Gerard Way/ Earnest Hemmingway (maybe???)/ Mary’s Monster by Lita Judge
359 notes · View notes
If you constantly worry about what other people think about you and the stuff you create, then you will spend your life worrying, instead of living. And you can quote me on that!
524 notes · View notes
I like to think of my first draft as a preliminary sketch I draw on the canvas before I start adding paint. The draft is usually about a third the length of the finished manuscript. I like this metaphor – and it’s oil paint, not watercolors – because sometimes you just have to paint over that whole disaster in the lower-right-hand corner and start again.
Megan Whalen Turner
339 notes · View notes
Angst Couple Quotes ⌨
"I can't stand being around you." "Why? Because you hate me so much? Trust me I kn--" "Because I love you..."
"We need to stop this.. What we're doing it's wrong, and it has to stop."
"Leave! Just leave me alone. I don't need you, I need anyone." "You're wrong, You do need me.. you just refuse to admit it."
"Why do you even care about me? After everything I've put your through... I don't understand." "That's what people do when they're in love. They care about the other person... Enough to even forgive them for being such an asshole."
"Don't think I'm any less mad at you jsut because you're on my lap." "Hm, You say that except I can feel your not any less excited about that."
"You're terrible at taking 'no' for an answer aren't you."
"I.. I hate you!" "Good, It'll make it easier to forget me then."
"It was honestly never my intention to hurt you." "You know I can't believe that now. Not after everything... Not after you nearly killed me."
"Please Just let me go. Go back to your life and I'll go back to whatever mine was before I met you, we knew this was going to end like this. All we just stall it to make it hurt more."
"I never want to be apart from you.. even if it cost me everything I have, I'd give it all up to be with you."
"Don't pretend you Hate me." "Oh I don't need to pretend at the moment."
"I trusted you.." "I know. And I'm sorry you were that naive to ever believe we could work."
"Just forget Me, It'll be easier for both of us." "But, I can't.. 'Just forget you' when I love you so much it physically hurts."
"I never want to leave your side." "Good, because I couldn't imagine you not being there anymore."
"I should've treated you so much better when I had the chance to. If you ever wake up I swear, if you can.. Give me another chance I know I don't deserve.. I'll make this and everything else I've ever done up to you, Somehow..."
"I can't lose you now. Not after everything we've been through..."
"You don't understand! I can't look at you because ever time I do.. I see all the times Ive let you down.. and all the nights I should've been there holding you."
"Do you even care about how disgusted you make me feel!?" "More than you'd ever know.."
"Too think I used to hate you.." "You don't anymore?" "No, I do. Just more affectionately."
"You are Mine, I hope you understand that." "Perfectly.."
72 notes · View notes
can I skip to the part where I have my own library??
4K notes · View notes
There’s a certain class of people who will do you in and then remain completely mystified by the depth of your pain.
–Sue Grafton, E is for Evidence
56 notes · View notes
Nadie es más de lo que dice ni menos de lo que demuestra.
— Esu Emmanuel©, No one is more than what he says nor less than what he demonstrates.
62 notes · View notes
The scariest moment is always just before you start.
335 notes · View notes
Quotable – John Galsworthy
Read more about the author here
24 notes · View notes
Planning to write is not writing. Outlining, researching, talking to people about what you’re doing, none of that is writing. Writing is writing.
E. L. Doctorow
26 notes · View notes
Inquisitor: Good morning ladies and gentlemen, all of the above, none of the above, vague and mildly threatening fade spirits, and whatever the hell is in our stables
1K notes · View notes
"Horror always makes me laugh – I never get scared at a movie or a scary book. Laughing and being scared, I think it’s the same visceral reaction. Talking about amusement parks: when you go up to the rollercoasters, what do you hear? You hear people laughing and screaming at the same time. It’s a very close connection. I use humour a lot: whenever I think a scene is getting too scary for younger kids I throw in something funny, so that it doesn’t become too intense."
78 notes · View notes
Writers aren't people exactly. Or, if they're any good, they're a whole lot of people trying so hard to be one person.
F. Scott Fitzgerald
80 notes · View notes
Writing Tropes I Would Kill For:
(so much better than enemies to lovers)
- Academic Rivals turned lovers that result to having secret midnight rendezvous in the library where they pretend to “study” yet the only thing they’re studying are each other’s anatomy.
- LOVERS to Enemies that make it their life mission to hurt each other until one eventually kisses death and both have a revolutionary realization to stop because they can’t bear to see the other hurt like that ever again.
- Princess x Handmaiden. Cuddling in the same bed late at night talking about their dreams of running away, subtle hand squeezes as a comfort during long and boring parties, having sweet dates during the day and have no one bat an eye but sneak in kisses to see how far they could push their luck.
- King X Opera Singer. An alluring face with a tantalizing voice, the King doesn’t stand a chance. Secret dates around the city, both dressing in disguise to avoid being seen in public, the king resting his head on her stomach and listen to her sing, all his problems disappearing with every melody, a wave of happiness washing over him each harmony.
- Princess x Stable Boy. Or bodyguard. Horse races through rolling green hills, stopping to have picnics, chasing each other through flower fields, getting up early to ride and watch the sunrise together, sometimes not leaving until they see the sunset, secret dates in the forest with the horses nearby. I could go on forever.
- Princess x Thief. There was no greater treasure to behold than her heart. Dates on the princess’ balcony (think jasmine and aladdin), adventures around the city markets and think of the angst. Forbidden love. Thief gets caught and is about to be executed...
- Children of Blood Feuds. Stolen glances, near death experiences, saving each other, doing everything in their power to keep each other out of danger while fighting the internal emotional turmoil on wanting to be loyal to their family but also being unable to bear seeing the other hurt.
67 notes · View notes
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don’t want to make eye contact while doing it.
John Green | Ko-Fi | Patreon
372 notes · View notes
the uncapitalised i, is so much more beautiful than being grammatically correct. it is raw. it shows the smallness of being human, it reeks of vulnerability. urgency. recklessness. Desperately needing to speak, express, write, without worry for grammar.
56 notes · View notes