Kylo and leia ♡ Pit/Labs
Mori’s Black Salt
This is my personal go-to recipe for Black Salt. It makes a small/medium sized batch, which is fine for personal use. I find it to be very effective and use it sparingly whenever I do need it, because a pinch is often enough.
- Sea Salt (150g)
- Lemon juice.
- Activated Charcoal.*
- A sigil on a piece of paper (I would recommend a general protection sigil, or one that repels negative energy).
- Black pepper.
- Myrrh incense ashes (if you make your own incense intended to cleanse, protect, purify or banish, use that).
- Pestle and mortar.
- Pipette (optional but useful).
METHOD:Preparation: Safely burn your sigil and keep the ashes aside. Wait for them to cool.
- Put your salt into a pestle and mortar first, followed by the other dry ingredients.
- Use the mortar to grind it down into a finer version of the original mixture (which will have been quite chunky thanks to the sea salt).
- Add two or 3 drops of lemon juice, and mix your salt well. It will make the salt a little bit clumpy at first, but after enough mixing it will be fine.
- Let the salt sit for a little while before transferring it into a jar.
- Use a funnel to pour the salt into a jar that has an airtight lid. You need it to be airtight to preserve your salts and stop moisture from getting in.
- Store them in a dark, cool, dry place.*Please take care when handling activated charcoal. It can be very messy and clings to everything. It can also stain.
Tip Your Witch: ✧ PayPal! ✧
Katara’s Ice Trap
*A binding spell to trap someone’s rage and aggression in ice and then melt it away based on Azula and Katara’s fight*
What You Need
- A taglock to tie the magic to your target. As the spell’s inspiration is Katara and Azula, I used a bit of the person’s hair (since you know, Azula snipped her hair wrong in her descent into madness) But any taglock will do. A picture, hair, something belonging to them. Etc.
- A Blue candle to promote peace and calm within yourself and in the target.
- A binding incense. I used Sandalwood, but anything associated with binding will work.
- A small container for the taglock to be frozen in.
- A glass of water, to pour over the taglock, to freeze it in
- A black string, ribbon, or cord to tie around the taglock before freezing it, to further bind it.
What To Do
- Prepare yourself and your workspace however you see fit. Ground, center, call the powers you’ll be working with, meditate, cast a circle etc.
- Before you begin, sit in your workspace and relax. Keep yourself calm and centered during this spell. Find happiness, and peace, and focus before you start. When you are ready light the candle and then the incense.
- Pick up your taglock, visualizing the target and the anger and aggression they are full of. Hold it in the incense smoke for a moment, watching the smoke swirl around the object, visualizing the same smoke around the target. Hold it (SAFELY) over the candle and say “Fire’s rage burns hot and strong, let it be soothe by water’s song”
- Take your cord or string and tie it around the taglock, visualizing the rage and aggression within your target being held at bay. Say “By cord entwined your rage be bound, kept in check, wrapped around”
- Place the cord-bound taglock in the container it will be frozen in. Say “Bright embers cooled by water’s kiss, know no more anger, only peaceful bliss”- Pour the water over the object and prepare it to be frozen. Visualize the person calming, their anger subsiding bit by bit.
- Take the container to the freezer. Say “In cold ice now encased, let your anger be erased”
- Return to your candle and incense, relax your mind and body. Find again the calm you felt before. Visualizing that cool, calmness spreading across the target as well.
- Repeat as necessary, encasing in more water and freezing again.
To Melt Away the remnants of their rage/ aggression
- Remove the frozen object either in or out of its container. Place it in a large enough bowl to melt safely and without making a mess.
- Allow it to melt naturally, and when you dispose of the taglock (properly, no matter what the item is) visualize that the target is indeed calmer and less aggressive.
Good luck and happy casting witches!
The Basil Druid
Autumn is a time of letting go for the Earth, and we can harness this energy to let go of the things that no longer serve us in our lives.
This simple spell will help you let go of something that’s bothering you, weighing you down, or someone you don’t want in your life anymore. It’s very easy to do, and is great for beginners. All you really need are two ingredients! Plus your intention, of course.
Autumn Leaf Spell for Letting Go
- 1 freshly fallen leaf for each thing or person you want to let go of
- Pencil or pen
- Take a walk on a crisp Autumn day with the intention of picking leaves for each thing you want to let go of. You might want to take a bag to carry them in once you find them.
- Take your leaves home, and get a space ready where you can be alone and comfortable.
- Meditate for 10-30 min just to relax yourself and clear your mind.
- Now, take your pencil or pen and your Autumn leaves and start writing each thing you want to let go of on each leaf.
- After you’ve written on all of your leaves, go outside on a windy day and release each leaf into the wind, along with whatever was written.
Do you want a spell made just for you? How about a potion? Click here to see my full menu of Witchy Services, including Custom Spells and Potions for letting go, self love, romantic love, protection, abundance, and more!
Hi everyone !! I miss Tumblr so much. Ive been so freaking busy aHH. ♡ :( hope yall are staying safe through this jarring time
(This is a slightly expanded repost of a post I dropped on Facebook. Recent turn of events has my attention focused on other things and a little less on writing, so I figured I’d give it as I have it. It’s phrased roughly the same. Plenty of similarities with the earlier rapport post, so you know I’ve been doing this for a while)
Here’s my how to get to the door and open it:
Most contemporary distractions are harmful towards the goal of doing magic. This routine creates both the necessary space and the habit of detaching regularly.
The bulk of the work in the western magical tradition is planetary and nigromantic (dead and demons), with the former servicing the latter. Demons will still require a full operation. The following will get you the rest.
- Make a boveda (references: through Google, or Nicholaj Frisvold’s Exu). Or at least set a table with a white cloth, glass of water and a white candle. Choose a place for it where you can remain undisturbed a few times a week.
- Wake up daily just before sunrise. Don’t talk, don’t text, head to where you do your magic.
- 30 minutes of timed inhaling/exhaling and sitting in complete stillness. If you spasm and/or cramp, you’re doing it right. Trance and deep dreams while awake will ensue a few months in. Your mileage may vary.
- As the sun cracks in the horizon (time it), get up and perform the PGM XIII. 763-889. Follow it with a burning of suitable incense as you recite corresponding Orphic Hymn, which you should know from memory, and then a petition for favour from the day’s planet. The extent to which you take this can vary. See Sam Block’s post on it as well as the rapport post above for references on suitable incense.
- Anytime after the sun sets is for nigromantic work. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays are for contacting the dead, for their benefit and yours. In all nights, precede the work with another 30 minutes of breath/stillness as in the morning.
- The dead: open with a prayer to the Four Kings for protection/assistance (see 4th paragraph here, change the petition to reflect the intention of speaking to the local dead). More on this in Jake Stratton-Kent’s Testament of Cyprian the Mage. Offer a glass of water or fruit in exchange for communication. Use an ouija board or pen/paper. Ask who’s around and what their name is.
- Remaining nights: in the absence of pacts to look after, scry on a lapidary. No hard rules. I advise simply staring at an obsidian mirror for 30 minutes in addition to the 30 minutes of preparation. With pacts, bid them to return, scry them and make offerings. Definition of scrying successfully: images or being appearing on lapidary.
- Days when operations are undertaken, do nothing but pray to superior deity(ies) for favouring it. Better not talk to anyone if possible. Fasts are worthwhile but less necessary in time.
There are no break days. As alliances begin to designate other tasks, start replacing the above with what is given. The work then becomes more about trafficking with spirits, at which point you’re a useful gateway between here and there and titles such as “magician” or “witch” become less ridiculous.
Planetary work in the tradition comes in many forms, from simple rituals preceding evocations for placating their angels/demons, to more elaborate talismans. There’s nothing wrong with those per se, but as with all things magic, the usefulness of increasing one’s sensitivity to their influences goes beyond merely acquiring their favour. This is the fundament behind the process.
As has been pointed out on Facebook, the use of a boveda is rooted in other practices, so I advise coupling its use with a little research. The essence is that the dead are an inextricable part of all magic that gets done anywhere, and in a similar mindset to the above suggestion, making oneself capable of empirically recognising their presence so to eventually enlist their aid is key for more than average magics.
Use of the Four Kings relates significantly to the yet undisclosed approach I use for evocation, though references aplenty can be found where it happens. Employing them in prayer has to do with building a rapport through frequent use of their names.
This is excellent
simple self love jar ritual
🔮place a single white candle in the middle of your jar. your white candle represents the destruction of negativity.
🔮place your dried lavender and rue around the candle, for the lavender represents healing, and higher consciousness. your rue also represents healing and health.
🔮light your candle, and chant:
“my body is ethereal,
too pure for this realm.
i light this candle in recognition of myself,
for i am one with the wind and sky,
🔮blow out your candle. feel the positive energy in the room.
🔮sprinkle rose water around your creation, to cleanse and protect your jar.
🔮seal your jar with a cork or wax, and follow the same steps when you need to feel a little more love for yourself.
Greek Gods: Anicetus
Anicetus “He who wards off war”
I worship Anicetus and his brother Alexiares. Anicetus is a really nice guy. With him it’s less of a devotional and worshipping relationship, but rather a friendship. I do what I can to help him (although it’s usually just talking to the guy), and he helps me. Anicetus is great at calming me down. He is very forgiving and the definition of a peacemaker.
- God of Youth, Sports, and Defense
- Guards Mount Olympus with his twin brother Alexiares
- Protection and fortification of towns and citadels
- Alexiares (brother)
- Hercules (father)
- Hebe (mother)
- Was traditionally worshipped in Thebes and Rhodes
- Little is known about him