Things that don’t make you a bad person:
- Displaying “scary” symptoms of mental illness
- Being diagnosed with multiple disorders
- Having one or various personality disorders
- Being diagnosed with NPD, BPD, or ASPD
- Having very low empathy, or no empathy
- Having symptoms that cause anger, emptiness, or paranoia
- Having triggers or “strange” personal boundaries
- Needing extra help or accommodations
- Having intrusive thoughts about upsetting or scary topics
More things that don’t make you a bad person:
- Having DID/OSDD-1
- Having executive dysfunction
- Being lethargic or ““lazy””
- Having delusions of grandeur, mania, or npd highs
- Wanting attention, wanting to be noticed
- Being sensitive to rejection
- Being afraid of getting close to people
- Not liking being touched, held, or any other form of physical affection
- Having tics, strange body movements, stims, etc.
- Having a blank face, coming off as inexpressive
full offense but if you ever talk about empathy like it’s a requirement for being a decent person i fucking hate you like. automatically
empathy isn’t an inherent human experience and it’s not a prerequisite for being good or kind or whatever else. you’re either wired for it or you’re not, it’s not a special skill you can unlock by caring about people hard enough or some other bullshit
hypoempathy (or fluctuating empathy) doesn’t make me or anyone else a bad person. we can care about other people and their emotions without experiencing empathy and to say or imply otherwise is ableist.
empathy ≠ compassion and empathy ≠ sympathy.
if you mean caring about people and their feelings say compassion. if you mean feeling sad for other people when they’re in pain say sympathy.
people who aren’t hypoempathetic / don’t have fluctuating empathy levels that include low or no empathy can and are encouraged to rb but do not fucking derail.
I’m barely a person anymore, am I?
You really thought I was done with the shitty memes?
“I am going to… wait what was I going to do again?”
im not a people pleaser anymore im a huge cunt now
me after setting one (1) boundary
I don’t know who needs to hear this but a lot of y’all are really fucking pretty and I’m so sorry that y’all spend 90% of your days feeling ugly like shit.
bring back the habits that made you happy as a child. there’s no reason you should ever have to give up harmless things that bring you joy. you don’t have to age out of having fun. finger paint. write mediocre fanfiction and questionable poetry. put chocolate chips in your waffles. sing in the bath, and while working in the yard, and while washing your hands. hammer tunelessly on a piano. spin in circles until you fall down. climb a tree. just because you’re now in charge of your life doesn’t mean you’re expected to give up on the things that make life feel worth living
If I could impart one thing to a young adult - it would be this. This is literally the secret to being okay your entire life.
hey just a reminder that it’s completely normal to not be experienced with dating and sex even in your twenties and that doesn’t make you weird or lame ✌️
Also even into your thirties like if you’ve only ever kissed or never had a relationship you’re still not weird for that. I’m 27 and I know a bunch of people my age who’ve never had a significant other (including myself) and it’s super normal.
Why is it that bullies can always tell you’re lgbt or like neuroatypical way before you can 😭
New diagnostic tool: a middleschooler
trauma nightmares r dumb, i have nothing deep to say about them. i just think its fucking stupid to live thru something so horrible and then ur garbage brain is just like hey :) that was fun :)) wanna do it again and wake up sobbing :)))