Events are just a scam made up by Big News to sell more news
how to tell my cat that I love him very much and it’s great when he sits on my lap but I think it would be a better experience for all involved if he didn’t stick his little needle claws into my legs the entire time
got all of friday free but I have No idea what I should do with my time… I swear 2 god I gotta move soon there is nothing for me to do here anymore I need a new biome… I’ve walked around the neighborhood 5000 times
rare james fun fact: I had to do speech therapy classes in elementary school because I had a lisp. idk if anyone else ever notices but I can still hear it sometimes I know it’s there
shoutout to my parents for having no social media presence and never sharing photos of me. embarrassing me online is my job and my job alone
does anyone actually use those brushes to apply hair dye. do yall not just squish it around with your hands
any day now
augh forgot to get around to all those uncanny valley asks and now I have to leave 4 the evening I promise I will do them Soon
why does everything I post keep posting twice this is unbearable
it was all a deception, a dream you lived waking. there is no kevin macleod. he was never real. instead, it was you who was writing the royalty free music, you just couldnt remember until now. do you remember those restless days, sleepless nights? do you remember me?
So was no one going to tell me that the “it’s fun for me just to grab a boob” video wasn’t someone doing a funny impression of eminem but in fact a video of the actual eminem doing a real freestyle rap
oh man I got a lot of uncanny valley asks after I went out for the night but I will answer em when I get home in the morning! I read the post with the rabies explanation and I will give my Thoughts on that (spoiler I think there’s something to it but I still don’t really buy it as an explanation)
i mean honestly for me the explanation of 'its corpses guys' in re the source of uncanny valley worked p well
honestly like. infinitely more plausible than that “ancient human fear” nonsense but I still have some hangups abt this theory
like honestly it sounds like one of the more plausible theories but I have too many issues with it to just. accept it off hand
I deeply resent that post that’s like “the fact the uncanny valley exists might mean that there was something in human history that looked not quite like a human that posed a threat and that’s why we have an inborn fear of it” ESPECIALLY the addition where someone’s like “oh well it’s because there were other species of human in the past who didn’t look quite like us and they posed a threat so that’s probably it :)” like that logic is so deeply broken on so many levels
- the fact that something poses a threat doesn’t mean you’ll have an inborn fear of it. would a wolf pose a massive danger to prehistoric man? yes! does witnessing a wolf in a situation where it cannot harm you – like seeing a photo of a wolf – fill you with shock and revulsion? probably not!
- so therefore, why would finding an image of an ‘uncanny valley’ thing frightening indicate an inborn fear in response to a threat, if no other threats invoke the same reaction?
- tl;dr on that bit; the fact that you find a thing creepy isn’t evidence that it used to be a threat to past humans
- also the idea COMPLETELY ignores the fact that a lot of people have no particular fear of things in the ‘uncanny valley’
- onto the second point. there is documented, certifiable, widely known proof that early homo sapiens REPRODUCED with neanderthals
- unless someone presents me with some real compelling evidence, we have no reason to believe that other species of early human posed some existential threat so horrible to homo sapiens that, eons later, literal tens of thousands of years later, it caused us to inexplicably be afraid of stuff in the uncanny valley
- COMPLETELY IGNORING THE FACT that early species of human looked NOTHING like things we consider to be in the uncanny vally???
- like literally just google reconstructions of the hominids that lived contemporaneously with homo sapiens (denisovans and neanderthals). they literally just looked like people. like dudes.
- the idea that a hypothetical war with a species that died off FORTY THOUSAND years ago, that literally looked pretty much like modern humans, is why modern people are afraid of creepy dolls and ai-generated faces is just… so wildly out there I don’t even know how they got from point A to point B there
- sorry for all this I’m just heated this is like the aquatic ape theory post all over again PLEASE just like. google your pseudoscience