#my feelings abt fruit in general are complicated bc that's one that actually was a slur at my highschool
okay angel s5 ep 1-4 liveblog
- eve is remarkably pretty. i would like to eat fruit with her <3
- i am immensely afraid for gunn. i already said this in an individual post. but i did get..... i dont think its spoilt, per se, but i did hear offhandedly (bc i was watching a whotuber i like, & she did an angel top 10 characters) that he does some dark shit in s5. and that s5 is dark in general which... I DID NOT KNOW?? i heard s5 was really good from some ppl when going through forums, and some ppl hated it so im like “huh hm”. but i didnt know it was gonna be fucked up and dark
- anyways my point is. like...... i am immensely afraid for him in two different ways. i’m scared for my man bc i LVOE him and i’d hate for sth to go amiss but im also worried in terms of, like, character stuff. like you know how it is. ultimately im gonna survive if he does go through a lot, despite loving him, & a lot of times tht can make me fall for a bitch more (wesley........) but like...... my FEAR, off the coattails of s4, is tht they mighr fuck him up, fuck him up you know what i mena. like cordelia fuck him up kinda way. im already a ltitle worried with him conspiring with miss eve, seemingly, and who THE FUCK knows what was up with that jaguar but ..... IT COULD ALSO BE GOOD YKNOW. and i rlly do want to explore gunn more deeply bc i do love
- s4 aside, the conclusion of them getting wolfram and hart IS delicious. like there’s so much badly executed shit that got us to this point, all of it coalescing in s4.... but the dividends.... certainly it owuld be MORE delicious if the stuff leading up to this was good, but i think whatever happens has a chance of being good independently. like, as in, jasmine’s whole takeover did hinge on the build up for me hence why it wasnt as good but... THIS, HOWEVER....bc its not just a consequenc e but you know a whole knew opportunity and whatnot and iTS JUST SO GOOD MAN
- also because angel ceo is so fucking funny top tier comedy . i really am happy tht angel gets his own show god this man was STALE in buffy (and a nonce!) and now he’s a stale man but its funn and i like it :) like t
- SO HERE I WAS. DISCUSSING TOP TIER COMEDY
- H. HA. HAR-
- THIS IS PRICELESS BEYOND BELIEF #
- NEERMIND THIS GOT VERY FUNNY BUT ALSO VERY SAD
- she REALLY SAID “WELL ANYWAYS”. joss whedon had that reaction to
- idk how i feel abt them introducing another love interest for fred. like- thing is.... idk i have mixed feelings abt gunn/fred/wes but its ultimately and strangely enough one of the love triangles ive only ever almost liked? and idk. i dont rlly like it as a love triangle, per se, i guess, but its lik.e....
- hm. how do i say this. i did lowkey hate it at first, as i do with most. and that’s kinda bc of wesley- like im still a little iffy abt its conception, as i am with MOST buffyverse ships . i just dont believe wesley was that in love with fred, you kno wht i mean? like i dont think... a crush on ur coworker not coming to fruition should result in much more than just being sad, and it shoudlnt be like some big fucking deal.
- and if tht had been the big bad rejection tht would have torn them apart i’d be MAD btu then! all that shit in GENERAL in s3 happens tht pushes wesley away so it isnt just abt tht. like him getting rejected was just yet another wedge in between him and everyone else. and then generally speaking... i dont know. later on, the other stuff happens. the portal happens. fred and gunn kill that man and they arent the same but wesley understands fred and he helped her. and idk its like. ITS AT THAT POINT... where i start to rlly FEEL it more and get it you know wht i mean bc that feels like... something a lot deeper. and im not sayin that u need to go thru sth traumatic to forge the basis of, like, a relationship but like. what was there in the first palce was very casual, and it rlly wasnt that big of a deal man. and making it out to be more thn it was just feels.... ugh like it makes them emotionally immature characters, and it just feels contrived and like drama for the sake of drama. had they been together more, spent more scenes together and doing more stuff BEFORE that and had had chemistry then maybe i could have bought this idea tht wesley was hopelessly in love with her but no. however when it all comes back way later in s4...... whilst i sitll dont rlly fully buy it, i feel it more?
- also bc it was mitigated a little by him having a tghing with lilah like. i really liked his relationship with lilah for a few reasons but it also jsut.... id ont know. sick of the whole way some shows treat relationships like x&y are together AND THATS IT and thats the ultimate thing and they’ll like die for each other and whatever or whatever or if they dont get together then they’ll pine for each other forever- and its jsut... what wesley had was very complicated and nuanced and kinda fucked up yeah but its like. it also did kinda jsut... help me connect more with the idea of him liking fred, bc it took away that aforementioned....... caricature of a relationship that could have beem does thatr make SENSE. like all of this... having it just unfounded in some random intense love that he just has for his coworker despite only realising he found her cute like 2 seconds beforehand is just an “eh” but having a more complicated... oh this was a girl i liked and did care for but also this is this and this and th- YEAH MY POINT ISIT FEELS MORE. you know
- and by s5 its like. the triangle in general. i really loved gunn/fred to begin with but i can see how .... honestlh that jsut kinda broke down from what happened and i do think its something they could fix but then i also see the wesleyside of things and how after what happened he could also come in but ;... IDK. IT JSUT
- ALL OG THIS FEELS LIKE IT FITS WELL AND IDK HOW I FEEL ABT BRINGING IN A NEW DUDE. like if it works then cool but if its just for the unnecessary drama i was happy wasnt there... bc - BC THATS IT, ISNT IT? the reason why im kinda for the love triangle aspect is bc it isnt founded in unecessary drama right now, but the friction is based entirely on the characters and the decisions they made and how they- YEAH. YEAH . OAKY. FIGURED IT OUT IMS TUPDI
- “or it could be a virus” me, watchin this shit in the year of our lord 2020: :|
- angel going cazy over the cars. im losing it.
- SO GUNN’S ROLE IS-
- ELLE WOODS THE FUCK UP, GUNN! GET FUCKED EVERYONE. IT’S LEGALLY CHARLES TIME BITCHES. IM OBSESSED. NO. shut up oh shut up i love him i sincerely do
- i knew he was coming but god damn it anyways
- nevermind the harmony bit on the end was hysterical
- i whinged abt this already in the btvs finale liveblog but i will complain more. dont you worry. because listen: it just pisses me off, man? that ... after so much of late btvs was done in service of spike. that the very finale itself, and the climax, was resolved not by buffy finally finding peace and being able to unburden herself aftrer 7 seasons.... no that meant almost nothing!! like we got the heartwarming speech; we got the cool fight scenes, but... ultimatel it might as well not have happened. she didnt even need to unlock the slayer potentials. she didnt need to fight. no one needed to die. all she needed was for fucking spike to zap them all. literally all their sacrifices and power were completely meaningless. it needn’t have even happened. it was fixed by spike sacrificing himself- like, he could have just went in there and done that. like it was... about him in the end. and surely part of that is just them needing a way to go “uhhgoidsoidh. fix the plot” but hey yah that’s the thing abt a slap dash plot like that. you can fix it in any way you fucking slap together. and y’all decided to make the thing that defeats the big bad, and the climax of the season spike sacrificing himself for his buffy hardon or whatever to complete his shit, and lazy redemption arc YOU bitches cobbled together and.. for what, babes, for what
- because now u bring him back. and idk what the point of it was at all now. what was the point huh. like idk. im not mad he’s here bc finally some angel/spike dynamic bc they have an acually interesting history thts completely untouched but....... it just feels disrespectful to buffy itself lol. like neither buffy nor angel (the shows) should be in service of the other like that .
-anyways . spike s5 ats in a vacuum does have the potential to fuck though since he can’t fuck. thank god.
- YEAH. THANK GOD HARMONY IS HERE ACTUALLY. ACTUALLY NO. okay hang on
- harmony has the potential to either be the worst addition or one of th ebest addition. if she’s reduced to JUST a joke im going to be so fucking mad. if they utilise her well... then thank god you know. worried its gonna be the former but h. i hope they also do better with lorne this season.
- SEE THIS IS WHAT I LIKE ABOUT SPIKE BEING WITH ANGEL. YOU BOTH SHOW HOW TERRIBLE THE OTHER IS, AS A PERSON. YOU ARE BOTH TERRIBLE. GOD BLESS YOU BOTH. I HATE YOU BOTH. KINDA OBSESSED WITH HOW I CAN LIKE... because i hate them both but its like here i can enjoy it god bless you you’re both stupid idiots. on buffy i hate them both because theyre just fucking freaks!
- literally. what did angel expect from that? he better not mope abt this. ofc that dude was going to be brutally fucking murdered. jesus christ.
- how does spike sit?
somehow ive said literally nowt abt ep 3 <3
- WHAT IM wondering is why do they just catch a new werewolf every week... why not just keep 1, and have ti bite others and have a werewolf farm.... is tht too much to maintain? idk these ppl are fancy im sure they can afford it
- also ugh. mad. i feel like if you cut out all the annoying bullshit with spuffy, and just had s3 spike, begrudgingly resouled, walk into angel s5 and follow a similar storyline it would just be,,, much better and more satisfying. like i dont even HATE spike as a character in that sense- like i think it would be interesting to have an ensouled vampire, who doesn’t want to spend years repenting like angel did; someone who’s certainly not OKAY with what they did, but doesn’t wallow..... and esp. having spike, who has a history with angel, be that person is COOL but like... like ive said. with spike literally so much is broken. the lore of the show itself broke with him, just to have spuffy happen the way it did. and i just.... ugh. i separate a lot, like... far as im aware, angel never was on btvs. fuck that rancid shit. but just with spike...it just feels so egregious with him i cant remove it. like esp bc his ensoulment was SOLELY in the pursuit of buffy, who he literally just tried to rape at the time it just- god i HATE it man... i hate hate hate it man . whatever. bye. i
- fred is also a baby angel by the way. we love fred.
- also god bless this .... hannibal vibes, if only barely. i need to go watch hannibal more
- IM GOING TO SOB THE SCENE AT THE END WITH THEM ALL JSUT BEING A HAPPY GROUP OF FRIENDS... GIRLIES IM SO TENDER. LIKE A WEREWOLF. ALSO GUNN SAID IM ABOUT TO BE ANGLOPHOBIC. WE LOVE GUNN FOR THAT. also god im obsessed with them trying to hook angel up. rip to cordelia who’s still fucking COMATOSE SOMEWHERE i guess!
- spike hitting on fred. i hate it because im not even mad about it. i mean i am a little. kinda wish fred/gunn/wes would talk more abt whatever the FUCK went on there.
- had to pause it right here me GOING INTO THIS THINKING “OH BUFFY/ANGEL WONT HIT MY TRIGGERS TOO HARD” hey dont do that!
- OKAY NO IM A LITTLE OBSESSED
- SPIKE.... DOES WHAT TO YOU GUNN.
- BABY IM OBSESSED. fred trying to dramatically drop “he’s.... slipping into hell.” and WES AND GUNN JUST BEING “WELL DUH. WHERE ELSE.” AND I LVOE FRED SHES SO PRECIOUS AND OUTRIGHT HORRIFIED
- can we please stop with this scene i hate it so m. I KNOW ITS COMING NOW SO IM NOT GONNA BE LIKE “ahhh<3″ BUT LITERALLY I DONT LIKE IT. HATE IT HERE AND THE SOUND.... BUDDY I DONT L
- can we spend more time with bitchy medium lady i love her and her . you know.
- nevermind she jsut fucking died the second i typed that.
- i know i was just horny. but like literally WHY are all the buffy/angel writers so horny for james marsters im SICK of it. you ruined buffy with your horniness. NOW you undress the man in angel and i feel VIOLENT ... i’d find the fanservice funny as FUCK if, like i said, it didnt ruin buffy. but no. nooo. you put hiss shirt back right on now im fucking steamin!!!
- the reaper or whatever. GOD bless his voice is so fuckin corny<3
- gunn said here kitty kitty kitty<3
- FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GIVE JAMES MARSTERS HIS CLOTHES BACK
- OTHERWISE. yeah. yeah. i really do... LIKE THIS so far you know. i mean, ugh. it jUST... there’s still all the issues with spike, but frankly i had those with angel himself too, of like... i loathe it babe i loathe it. its so fuckin GOOD by itself but lol! the second i think abt EITHER of them on buffy i gag, you know. sick ofit here. you boys had the potential. like ur both the most wretched of archetypes, and you do the most wretched of things on buffy, but you STILl had potential babes and you do and its being utilised well here I LOVE this bc it feels like... spike is getting an ACTUAL proper.... idk not redemption arc per se, but we’re humbling him properly rather than the lazy bullshit nonsense they did on buffy
- literally if they start subtitling spike saying “love” as “luv” i will go INSANE and bite through bone.
- that being said the fredspike friendship is literally..... LITERALLY didnt even consider it babes but I LOVE it a lot <3 bless their hearts and all that ma
- ANGEL LITERALY. SAID AM GONNA BE FUCKED UP N
- obsessed wi#th angel making these decisions (i am visinly shaking) sir sir sir you MUST calm down! i implore you...