This episode of The Facts of Life is giving me ideas for Never Knew. I can see Jimmy and the twins being overprotective over Alyssa like Terry’s father and brothers were. Sure, the circumstances are different, but…
I didn’t feel up to posting one yesterday morning, so you have two today.
- What is the name of John Travolta’s character in Pulp Fiction?
- Which country music star broke both guitars and sales records throughout the 90s?
Honestly shoutout to The Social Network for giving us the line “you’re going to go through life thinking that girls don’t like you because you’re a nerd. And I want you to know, from the bottom of my heart, that that won’t be true. It’ll be because you’re an asshole” because if that doesn’t epitomize women’s feelings for entitled male nerds I don’t know what does
I would like to send a shout-out to every asshole who patronizingly told me 3.5 years ago that I was “overacting” and “hysterical” and “pessimistic” and “dramatic” and that I just needed to calm down because “we’ve survived before, and we’ll survive him too” when I said this fucker was going to kill us.
Ladies, gentlemen, and folks otherwise, I present to you the dishonorable, fascist president doing his best to un-unite the states of America.
For the person commenting on not taking a pay cut, he HAD to change his lifestyle to be able to afford to pay his employees a living wage. He talked to accountants and they helped him break the numbers down based on data about the cost of living and various factors about the commute, housing issues, etc. All inspired by his best friend going nearly into debt over medical costs meanwhile he had several houses, a jet, and drank champagne daily.
He sold stock, houses, and changed his spending and as a result, his employees were overall happier and the way they worked improved. They all bought more shit and had more kids and did all the consumption people want for us while also enjoying their work and their boss enough to band together and buy him a fucking Tesla as a thank you.
And you know what he realized after taking his pay cut? He didn’t need the champagne or the girls or the “lifestyle” of being a billionaire. He feels fulfilled in his work and with the people he’s surrounded himself with and he feels that he’s made a step in the right direction that other businessmen and billionaires should follow.
Please read the article and his statements on twitter because it’s eye-opening to see that you CAN be successful doing things ethically.
We are definitely going to talk about this guy on Buisness Desserts
Employees are not costs to be reduced, they are investments, they are assets that appreciate in value
It gets better.
He took a pay cut. I’m not doing all of that. Ima just pay my people well and give top notch benefits.
I wanna be that CEO that pays their employees 70K a year like that white guy I be seeing all over the Internet. I can’t remember his name.
I’m not gonna be like Jeff Bezos but I do wanna be a multimillionaire 😂😂😂
Can we please stop treating the desire for loving and genuine relationships with other people as a weakness we need to get over? It’s not wrong or bad to want people to care about you, to pay attention to you, to accept you. Having those desires is not a character flaw you need to work on, it’s a natural and very normal part of being human.
Tagged by @reivenesque
1. What was the last movie you watched in theaters? Downton Abbey
2. What’s your favorite game to play? Uh, I like trivia games and Apples to Apples when in a group. If I’m by myself, I try to remember how many things an actor has been in that I’ve seen.
3. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate!
4. What’s the last show you binge-watched? Currently and actively binge-watching Star Trek: Discovery and The Facts of Life. I did recently finish watching Star Trek: Short Treks and Power Rangers SPD. Other shows I am binge-watching, but not actively at the moment are Step by Step, The Fosters, Head of the Class, and Jane the Virgin.
5. Do you have any pets? No. I did have a dog, but she died years ago. My family was so attached to her that we won’t get another dog and my dad hates cats.
6. What’s your favorite fairy tale? Oh, but I have so many! And which version? Honestly, I prefer the darker, bloodier versions. I’ll go with “Sleeping Beauty” and “Cinderella”.
7. Who’s your favorite superhero? For DC, I would say Superman. And for Marvel, I would say Iron Man. My answers don’t necessarily have to do with the movies.
8. Who’s your favorite Disney Princess? Belle or Jasmine. I would say Mulan, but she’s not actually a princess, despite being lumped in with them. She was not born to royalty, nor did she marry into it. And I will always have a soft spot for Aurora and Ariel.
9. Where’s the first place you’re going to go after the social distancing is over? Karate classes or the library. Because I’m an essential worker, I still go out. But I miss the kids, some of the parents, and the rec center staff. As for the library, I want to read new books. Ooh, or a restaurant!
10. Cookies or Cake? I like both, but it depends. I love soft-baked cookies, such as Subway chocolate chip cookies. And I don’t like cakes that have a syrupy flavor. But let’s be honest, the best part of a cake is the icing.