Potato Leek Soup |
We were inspired to make this soup after having a divine potato leek soup @ochrebakery. Our version is a little healthier, using white beans to add protein & create a creamy texture.
2 pounds yukon gold potatoes, peeled
1-2 Idaho potatoes, skins on & sliced thick
1 head garlic, peeled & smashed
3 leeks, white parts sliced thick
1/2 sweet onion, diced
1/2 pound white beans, cooked, cooled & puréed
1/2 cup heavy cream
8 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
Fresh dill, chives, thyme
1-2 bay leaves
Salt & pepper
Sauté the leeks, sweet onion & whole garlic cloves on medium low heat until caramelized. Peel the potatoes & add to the pot with thyme & a pinch of salt. Add the beans, chicken broth & 1-2 bay leaves. Simmer for an hour. Purée half the soup & add the cream , chopped dill & chives, and salt & pepper to taste. Adjust to the desired thickness with broth.
Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup. Hearty and warm on a cold night.
· 1 Tablespoon butter
· 1 medium onion,, diced
· 3 cloves garlic,, minced
· 3 cups chicken broth
· 1 can/box cream of chicken soup, (I prefer Pacific Foods brand)
· 7-8 medium sized russet potatoes,, peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes (about 2.5 pounds of potatoes)
· 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, (or more/less to taste)
· black pepper to taste, (I like a lot of pepper)
· 1 cup milk
· 1 tablespoon flour
· 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, (I use sharp cheddar)
· 5-6 slices bacon, (cooked and chopped)
· sliced green onions
· shredded cheddar cheese
1. Add butter to the Instant Pot and turn on the sauté button. Once butter is melted, add in the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add in the garlic and cook for one additional minute until fragrant, stirring constantly so that garlic does not burn.
2. Add the chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, potatoes, salt, and pepper to the pot, and stir well. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the vent valve to "sealing." Cook over manual high pressure for 10 minutes, then quick release the pressure.
3. Meanwhile, stir together the milk and flour in a small bowl to create a slurry. Set aside.
4. Once the steam has completely released and the pin has dropped on the lid, open the lid and stir in the slurry. Turn the pot to sauté and cook the soup for 4-5 minutes, until thickened. Stir in the 2 cups of cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Serve garnished with chopped bacon, green onions, and more cheese. Enjoy!
1 note · View note
*** RECIPE *** VIDEO *** Slow Cooker Potato Soup ***
To make this easy potato soup recipe, you will need:
Bacon: I recommend using center-cut bacon here, to keep it a bit more lean. But any kind of bacon you love will do. We will also use its leftover grease (or butter, if you prefer) to sauté the veggies for extra flavor. That said, if you would like to make this soup vegetarian, see my recommendations below for a delicious…
View On WordPress