The many colours of ATLA (inspired by cosmickorra on Twitter)
It’s always “wyd” never “baby, you’re my forever girl”.
everyone: “oh my god i hate zutara!!! it sucks!! they literally look like this!!”
also everyone: “OMG ZUKKA ZUKKA i love zukka ZUKKA is a masterpiece.”
Watch “Honest Trailers | Avatar: The Last Airbender” on YouTube
A:TLA Hamilton AU:
- Sokka, Zuko, Katara, Aang, Toph, Suki, Mai, Azula, and Ty Lee all went to highschool together, and then became actors.
- Sokka, Katara, Aang, Toph, and Suki all live together, because rent in NYC is a bitch.
- Zuko, Azula, Mai, and Ty Lee do the same.
- In hs, Sokka had a maybe-sorta-tiny-possible-kinda-crush on Zuko, but he was still a tiny bit unsure in his sexuality, so he never really acted on or talked about it.
- He’s out as bi and proud now, happy to be a queer figure in the theatre world.
- Katara and Aang have had crushes on each other since hs, but didn’t act upon them until Sokka, Suki, and Toph locked them into the storage closet in their apartment and didn’t let them out until they confessed.
- (Sokka didn’t regret anything until after the fact, when he realized that he was going to have to live with his sister and her boyfriend. Oogie.)
- Zuko, very gay, also had a crush on Sokka in hs. He never really got over it, but instead just ignored it because hey, when was he going to see that super cute guy from highschool ever again?
- On his first day of rehersal for his biggest show yet, that’s when!
- Zuko plays Burr, Aang is Hamilton, Sokka is Laurens, Toph plays Mullegan (we genderbending, keep scrolling), Suki is Laffayette, Katara is Eliza, Mai is Angelica, Azula is Peggy, and Ty Lee is The Bullet.
- Just to add in a bit more fun, Piandao is the director, Jeong Jeong does choreography, Bumi is the lead of the set design crew, and Pakku conducts the ochestra. White Lotus theatre crew, anybody?
- Sokka sees Zuko across the room and is like Oh shit, he got hotter after highschool.
- Zuko sees Sokka and has the same exact thought.
- Mai sees the look on Zuko’s face and sighs, because really? Boomerang jokes guy from highschool?
To be continued, because I don’t have enough stamina to put all of my ideas in one post!
drew one of my fave zutara scenes in honor of my birthday! (which is today lol)
iwanted to post a fic but i wasnt able to finish it, so i did this instead.
Aang: this is the sort of thing responsible parents won’t want us to do.
Zuko: good thing none of us has parents.
Aang: fair enough.
“Avatar The Last Airbender isn’t an anime” then why did the protagonist and villain get shirtless in the final battle
This is the sequel to my first Zuko X F! Reader pairing smau.
Trigger Warning: Mentions of car accident. Revenge. Also mature. If you are sensitive to that kind of thing, you’re warned ahead of time. Read at your own risk…
After the car accident and problems she had with her friends, Y/n, gets to experience what it’s like to be a mother and have a family of her own. And finally live of life she’s always wanted, but is it really all fun and games?
Beginning Part 19…
Special Edition Part 20 Coming soon…
If you want to be apart of the taglist message me or reply. I’d be happy to add you
honestly, the issue with mary sue’s isn’t that they’re perfect, or that they’re self-inserts, or the thousand and one thinly veiled misogynist reasons pop-culture has come up with (as if male mary sues aren’t ten times more common), it’s that they’re interesting, at the expense of every other character. your protagonist with the extreme skillset and beauty and a 5-syllabic name isn’t a mary sue in a world where literally every other character is just as fascinating. they are a mary sue in a world where everyone is called jane who have no special skills at all and is completely average looking and constantly bested professionally and academically and romantically by your protagonist portlansia muskgrave the 3rd.
That was the issue with sherlock in sherlock BBC. he was so smart and so wacky and so special in a world where every other character existed just to drive in how special he was that he sucked the soul of the story.
in contrast, let’s see atla. every character in atla can be considered in mary sue if seen in isolation. the chosen one with the funky tattoos and the dead race and special powers. the beautiful waterbender the hero IMMEDIATELY falls for who literally becomes the strongest waterbender over the course of a summer. the blind 12 year old who invents metalbending in an hour. the scarred yet handsome emo prince with the tragic backstory and daddy issues. the beautiful princess prodigious enough to literally take down the chosen one with a single strike. the non-bending genius who crafts battle plans/invents hot air balloons/masters swordfighting in day/literally has a space sword.
YET none of them feel weird, or out of place, because they exist in the story together. time and attention are distributed, so no single character can overshadow the narrative and every other character. despite being ridiculously OP in every way, all these characters feel grounded and real because they exist in relation to each other.
therefore, in order to fix a mary sue, you don’t have to tone them down. you need to give other characters just as much love and attention.
comparing aang and korra is pointless for many reasons, but especially because where aang got plot armor, korra got plot poison. no i will not elaborate