Rosemary && Bacon Fat (Jowl) marinated steak accompanied with an emulsion of white wine/oil splashed broccoli and a delicious, creamy scalloped potato. Bon Appetite!
Steak and broccoli were seared and steamed, respectfully. Recipe for the scalloped potatoes is as follows:
Hands on time: 30 mins
Bake: 1hr 25 mins at 350
1 chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp blk pepper
2 1/2 cups milk
8 cups thinly sliced red, white, or yellow potatoes (about 2 1/2lbs)
Preheat oven to 350
Cook garlic and onion until tender. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Add milk. Cook until thickened and bubbly.
Place half of potatoes in greased baking dish. Top with sauce. Repeat layers. Cover with foil.
Bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Let stand ten minutes before serving!
11 notes · View notes
I smoked the potatoes in a 350 degree smoker, but you can bake this in the oven.
Grease 1 quart baking dish, set aside
4 cups potatoes, clean under cool running water, peel, slice thinly & covered with fresh cool water
8 ounces Colby & Monterey Jack cheese, grated (set aside 1/2 cup for topping)
1 1/2 cups milk
2 Tablespoon onion, minced
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
bacon, cooked and crumbled for topping
1. In a medium skillet or sauce pan, over medium-high heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour & onions, cook 1 minute.
2. Slowly whisk in milk, continue to stir until mixture is bubbly. Remove from heat.
3. Add salt, pepper and grated cheese. Whisk until blended.
4. In baking dish, arrange half the drained potato slices in the bottom. Cover potatoes with half the cheese sauce. Add another layer of the remaining drained potato slices and cover in remaining cheese sauce.
5. Top with reserved 1/2 cup of grated cheese.
6. Smoke or bake uncovered for 1 hour.
7. Cool 30-40 minutes and sprinkle with bacon before serving.
2 notes · View notes