Here are all of my official Cats (2019) movie posters from my Cats merchandise and related items collection. These do not include the three signed photo prints that I own, as although they are based on the movie posters, they are not from the studio. Ten of the twelve posters I own are in unused, never displayed condition.
I will be referring to them by what I call the three different versions (Theatre Door, Blue, Victoria’s Pearls), as I do not know which is the A, B, or C versions in movie poster reference.
- The Australian 27" x 40" ‘Theatre Door’ version, which is the only one I have framed thus far, as it was in used condition when acquired. This has the opening release day as Boxing Day instead of Christmas or December 20th.
- The movie 5" x 25" movie mylar, which I love! I believe it was only made in this 'Theatre Door’ version. Unrolled to show.
- The 4’ x 6’ French 'large’ version. This is the standard 'Blue’ version found for most Cats (2019) images. This happens to be my least favourite version, as I do not feel the blue matches with the rest of the movie. It has most of the characters, likely hence the reason it is so widely used. Unfolded once to show.
- The 17" x 22" French 'small’ 'Blue’ version. Unfolded to show.
- The two versions of the 7" x 10" Japanese Chirashi posters. One with the 'Blue’ version, with the 'Theatre Door’ back; and the other with a black logo front, and the 'Theatre Door’ back, both unused.
Then there is the picture with the six remainders, which are rolled up, but contain two of my favourites. These are strictly in storage until I find a way to display them, as I do not want to damage them. Five of the six posters are in pristine condition, but are difficult to unroll alone, especially the bus shelter ones, which are as tall as me! They are:
- The 4’ x 6’ bus shelter poster of my favourite version, which is not shown (but you can easily look it up), the 'Victoria’s Pearls’ version. This was the version I saw when I went to see the movie the first time in theatres. I remember staring at it in the lightbox absolutely enamored with it after finishing the movie! Thus began my drive to collect Cats merchandise! My favourite poster I own, and one of the jewels of my collection!
- The 4’ x 6’ bus shelter poster with the 'Beautiful Ghosts’ cover (mockup pictured above as the last image), which was only used for this poster I believe. I love this one too!
- Three 27" x 40" versions of the North American posters, the 'Blue’, 'Theatre Door’, and the 'Victoria’s Pearls’. All in perfect condition!
- Last, but not least, the 30" x 40" UK 'quad’ 'Blue’ version, which is horizontally presented, as opposed to vertically like the others. The only other poster I own that was used.
I want to buy proper lightboxes for home use, but any local manufacturers are seemingly not in business anyone (no one ever answers my inquiries ANYWHERE), and to buy in the US and ship to Canada is bordering on prohibitively expensive. Not to mention that I need so many, and that the bus shelter ones are huge, meaning they would need to be custom made! One day they will be properly displayed, but I do not have the money, or realistically the space, to accommodate that! I still hope a signed movie poster with at least the named characters pops up for sale one day, because I NEED to own one!