(My thoughts about Finland, kind of a mix between canon and headcanons.)
Best friends: Sweden, Norway and Estonia.
Canon good friends: Denmark, Iceland (though probably views Ice more like a younger brother), Hungary, Lithuania and Germany.
Headcanoned additional good friends: Poland, America, Canada, France, England and North Italy.
Potential romantic partners: Sweden (my SuFin-brain says), but I can also imagine Finland with Lithuania or Ukraine. (I know a lot of people like Finland with Estonia too, but... I don’t know. They just don’t click romantically for me personally. I still see them as great friends though).
My Fun Trivia headcanons:
- Physically the strongets out of the Nordic nations, if not the world.
- Unknowingly even rivals America’s physical strength.
- Was oblivious to Sweden’s feelings for the longest time, but it was probably for the best since Finland didn’t even know if he wanted a romantic relationship at all for the longest amount of time.
- No matter if you like SuFin or not, I think Finland at the very least appreciates that Sweden never tried to rush Finland to confess his feelings or lack of them. They’re still great friends. ♥
- Finland is a proud Friend Matchmaker. If he thinks two nations would be good friends with each other based on how they are as persons, he WILL introduce them. He’s almost always right.
- Finland was the one who first introduced Norway and Romania to each other, which in turn blossomed into a good friendship. Finland is a proud friend matchmaker.
- Finland officially declared himself no longer afraid of Sweden the first time he got to see Sweden hold a newborn baby with so much gentlyness and love that Finland almost had to look away at the sight.
- Estonia is Finland’s candy/sugar supplier. Finland loves candy.
- Finland has magic, but calls it “Christmas Magic” and usually only uses it during Christmas season.
- Norway once tried to teach Finland some old Norse magic as a sign of friendship and belonging to the family just as much as the rest of them, but had to stop once it turned out Finland’s magic was too strong and accidentally caused a blizzard which lasted over a week. Finland still happily uses his own magic perfectly fine though. x)
- Smart nation, but would never pass the Wisdom Check. (The other Nordics rubbed off on him). xD
- Finland is the kind of guy who knows tomatoes technically count as fruit, and is then unable to stop his curiosity. He tests using tomato in a fruit salad, just because he’s curious.
- Amazingly good sniper and to this day still an absolute nightmare to face in Paintball. America, overconfident of his own skills, learnt it the hard way. xD
- Loves children, and at some point came to an unspoken agreement with Sweden that if given the oppurtunity they would raise any potential children together as a family. No matter romantic feelings or not, Finland trusts Sweden as both a great friend and a future dad, and thus doesn’t mind raising children with him.
- With that said, a tired Finland holding back England is likely the only reason Sweden didn’t get murdered on the spot by the enraged brit after Sweden bought Sealand. x’D
- When Sweden came home with Ladonia, Finland couldn’t help but to slip out:
“Please don’t tell me you bought another child on eBay.” Needlessly to say Finland was very relieved to find out Ladonia was actually already Sweden’s own. xD
- Finland loves both Sealand and Ladonia very much, and wouldn’t mind raising a few additional siblings for them as well. ♥
- Finland can and WILL drink anyone he wants under the table, but has lately tried to cut back in order to make sure he’s a good role figure for Sealand and Ladonia. With that said, if he’s childless for the evening or weekend he still sometimes enters (and wins) drinking contests with other nations.
- Becomes very cuddly in his sleep and anyone unlucky (or lucky?) enough to get caught by Finland’s grip will then be unable to move until Finland wakes up. x)
(Might come up with more later. Who knows. This is a good start though). x)
5 notes · View notes