Raven: cool Fugazi shirt how many years before you were born was it when your dad saw them play live?
Raven, while white faced, and shaking gave a shrug when she emerged from Salem’s house of horrors. The former bantit had also joined in on the Critical Role costume craze the majority of the harem was on, having attended the party as Lady Briarwood.
Worst off on the list of victims, that the haunted house claimed was Nora. The hyperactive heavy hitter of team JNPR was wide eyed, and as stiff as a board when she reached the exit of the haunted house.
1) Raven Branwen as Ellen Ripley (reasoning: warrior leader and also because of who I have Yang cast as)
2) Taiyang Xiao Long as Corporal Dwayne Hicks (reasoning: Raven’s love interest and being an all-around good guy)
3) Whitley Schnee as Carter Burke (reasoning: let’s say that the Schnee Dust Company replaces the Weyland-Yutani Corporation. In that case, it made sense that Whitley took the role of the slimy corporate exec)
4) Penny Polendina as Bishop (reasoning: android assistant)
5) Yang Xiao Long as Rebecca “Newt” Jordan (reasoning: Raven’s daughter. Although in this AU, Yang would be Raven’s daughter-figure)
6) Cardin Winchester as Pvt. Hudson (reasoning: the arrogant, douchebag bully)
7) Peter Port as Lt. Gorman (reasoning: I was thinking who among the adults could be an incompetent commanding officer and for some reason, Port kept coming to mind)
8) Winter Schnee as Pvt. Vasquez (reasoning: badass female soldier who hates incompetence)
9) James Ironwood as Capt. Apone (reasoning: the competent military officer)
10) Clover Ebi, Caroline Cordovin, Vine Zeki, Harriet Bree, Elm Ederne, Marrow Amin and one extra Atlas soldier as Drake, Frost, Ferro, Spunkmeyer, Dietrich, Crowe, and Wierzbowski aka the marines who get wiped out by the Grimm-Xenomorphs in the first ambush (reasoning: Atlas soldiers under Ironwood’s command)
11) The Grimm take the place of the Aliens/Xenomorphs
1) Adam Taurus as Tony Montana / Scarface (reasoning: minority facing discrimination, power-hungry asshole who becomes a violent leader / EDIT: Oh, I just realized, the name ‘Scarface’ could also reference the branding on his face)
2) Ilia Amitola as Manny Ray (reasoning: member of the White Fang. Also, I have Ilia as Manny mainly because of who I have Blake cast as)
3) Neopolitan as Elvira (reasoning: to keep with the themes of human-faunus relations, Elvira had to be a human character. Also, Neo is a crazy criminal, so she fit the role)
4) Blake Belladonna as Gina Montana (reasoning: one, to reference Adam’s unhealthy obsession with Blake and Blake’s initial fascination of Adam. Two, since Manny and Gina get together and Ilia has a canon crush on Blake)
5) Roman Torchwick as Frank Lopez (reasoning: Roman’s connection to Neo and Roman being a criminal mastermind)
6) Jacques Schnee as Alejandro Sosa (reasoning: the big-name supplier, just switch cocaine with dust. Also, since Adam is the main protagonist, it made sense to have the Schnees as the main villains)
7) Klein Sieben as the shotgun-wielding assassin who kills Tony (reasoning: works for the Schnee family)
The Breakfast Club (1985)
1) Cardin Winchester as John Bender (The Criminal) - reasoning: the asshole bully who harasses everyone
2) Weiss Schnee as Claire Standish (The Princess) - reasoning: the snobbish girl who thinks she’s all that
3) Sun Wukong as Andrew Clark (The Athlete) - reasoning: this was a surprisingly hard role to fill in. Eventually, I just went with the character who I thought fit the mold of the “stock high school athlete”, which was Sun.
4) Ruby Rose as Brian Johnson (The Brain) - reasoning: the goodie-two-shoes nerd who has trouble socializing with people
5) Blake Belladonna as Allison Reynolds (The Basket Case) - reasoning: the shy, introverted goth (well, closest to goth) girl who is seen as an outcast
“well… raven let some info slip before she took off. if you ever wanna track her down, i think i might be able to help.”
ya know, considering how raven basically had a whole Speech™ ready when yang showed up, i’m gonna go ahead and say that that “slip up” wasn’t a slip up at all, it was a bait.
also, i really like how yang’s basically under house arrest and qrow’s like “hey wanna go look for raven rn? i can help you too, if ya want. make it a road trip or something. don’t worry about the other stuff.” 10/10 best uncle.
Imagine vol 8. Imagine we get a scene in Vale. Imagine Ozpin’s close circle in there (Glynda and Tai and the teachers) having a reunion, and Raven is there. And basically they’re discussing what happened in Haven, talking about Atlas and Ironwood closing the borders and being unpredictable, and of course Raven’s situation: she’s a bandit queen, she has done terrible things but now she’s also the Spring Maiden and she wants to help however she can (this could be used to fill us up about how Vale is doing since the Fall of Beacon and volume 4. It’s been over a year since the Fall and I wanna know how they are damn it).
And then the TV or the scrolls start broadcasting Ruby’s voice all of sudden. And she tells the world about Salem, about her attacking Atlas in that moment, about Ironwood and all that. And they’re all like 👁️👄👁️
Could be cool if they also showed Vacuo for a second and we see Sun’s WTF face too.
If Qrow’s being truthful about being named after his Semblance, then is the implication that Raven was basically named after him? Ravens have a lot of good connotations too, but the kind of people spiteful enough to name a kid “Curse” would be cruel enough to name his twin “Curse’s Sister”, even if it wasn’t said outright.
🎵One of these things is not like the others🎵
- Volume 1 After Credits: Cinder gets introduced as the one pulling the strings
- Volume 2 After Credits: Raven reveals herself to Yang
- Volume 3 After Credits: Qrow leaving on his mission for Oz with the kids
- Volume 4 After Credits: Oscar & Oz meet up with Qrow
- Volume 5 After Credits: Raven comes home
- Volume 6 After Credits: Salem preparing to attack Atlas
- Volume 7 Before Credits(There is no after): Salem attacking Atlas
Hi yes RT what the fuck 6 of these are major plot points and 1 hasn’t been touched in years what’s going on please I need to know
I wish the Branwen Tribe was, you know, a tribe, a people with a culture and history, not just personality-less mooks for Yang to beat up and then disappear from the story.
Like, Raven went back to them despite everything else, she considered then her family, her people.
Her and Qrow were raised in the tribe and Raven’s had the same outfit since sometime in team STRQ.
I wish that outfit was indicative of the Branwen Tribe’s aesthetic and style, that they have something unique.
I think a lot about Raven and Qrow knowing another language, singing songs no one else knows, telling stories that only they remember, etc.
Because it’s not a gang or a family, it’s specifically called a tribe, and that word carries weight to it.
“It’s always been something that came in waves. Some days I’d get past that wall she has around herself and she’d push back hard…other times (usually when we were alone.) she’d be more honest with me and with herself.”
“But it never really went away. She always liked to pretend she was indifferent or didn’t care but the moment she was tested on it she’d out herself. For example I asked her to the Vytal dance and she turned me down rather harshly I might add, infront of the whole dinning hall. She then foiled every attempt I made to ask anyone else. Either by direct action or threatening the other person later. So on the night of the dance she went with me because ‘you going alone would embarrass the whole team’ …hmph…”
“It may sound like a hassle…but if you ever got the chance to see the real Raven you’d know it was all worth it.”
Raven: Fuck you Squidward with your nice ass house, you’re a fast food cashier everyone knows you’re slinging powder you skinny dickhead.
Raven: Unless she’s naked when she asks me something chances are I didn’t hear it
[Raven walked into an abandoned manor]
Raven - Ok…..[looks around] I know you’re in here, so you might as well come out
[Salem drifts out into the open]
Raven - My people tell me that you can grant any wish for a price [plops a giant sack of lien on the table] I wish that Summer Rose was returned to this world to live the rest of her life
[Salem smiled and weaved a circle with her fingers before Raven’s eyes, Summer Rose’s body being rebuilt peice by piece until she hit the floor and breathed once more]
Raven - Worth every lien [smiles] Come on Summer, lets get you…..
Salem - I never said I would accept the lien
Salem - Summer Rose will indeed be a mother to your children, but you on the other hand
[Salem starts to weave another spell, and Raven blacks out]
[Yang Xiao Long sits in the living room as her father and uncle discuss the return of her mother, a strange black teddy bear sitting in the middle of the room upon a nightstand that Summer had brought in. She walked up to it and looked at it curiously, the fur was soft and the clothes were finely crafted, it looked like her other mother]
Raven - [unheard by Yang] No…..no….. I can’t [chokes] She’s so close…..[tries and fails to lift a paw] Yang, I’m sorry
Writing Requests are open
some things may change, but you’ll always have a family somewhere
qrowtober 2020 day 21: family
Raven: Go back and reread those texts….
if they still make you feel all gooey, then you should definitely let him put all the things in your butt.
Besides the Kindred Link semblance do you think the Branwen twins are the type to feel eachothers pain? Seems right up RWBY’s ally. Heck maybe thats why inspired Kindred Link.
Ruby: *groaning and sitting down* That’s the last of them…
Qrow: *panting and leaning against his weapon* So… many… grimm…
Jacques: And this is the last of the dust mines I need assistance with.
Ruby: Then that means we can start going-
Jacques: Your team can. I need you to stay here, Miss Rose.
Raven: *glaring* Oh no, we are NOT letting her out of our sight!
Tai: *nodding* She’s our team leader. She gets to come home with us.
Ruby: Jacques, I dont know what exactly it is you want from me, but I’m not interested.
Jacques: *frowning* You cant-
Qrow: Back off bud, she said no.
Jacques: *walking off to the airship* We’ll see about that.
Raven: Let’s find another way back to Beacon. I’m sure another airship will take us around.
Ruby: That’s a good plan.
Summer: *going through a small lockbox* Come on dad… you had to have something…
Yang: *laying back onto her bed* So… you never did tell us about that thing you did.
Summer: *sighing* I said we weren’t-
Blake: You did but… we’re your team. You should be able to trust us. Which reminds me…
Yang: *sitting up as Blake took off her bow* You’re a faunus?
Blake: *nodding* Y-yeah…
Summer: First, I’m offended you’d even hid that from us. And second, why hide that? I know not everywhere is okay with faunus, but you shouldn’t have to hide from us.
Blake: *putting her bow back on* I want people to know me for me. Not because I’m a faunus.
Summer: *pulling an old scroll out of the lock box* I definitely understand that.
Qrow is in danger, and she’s too far away. She screams her brother’s name and swings Omen to dissuade the approach of an enemy, and is shocked when she cuts open a swirling vortex. But there’s no time to question it. She runs through and gets there just in time.