If you or someone you know is struggling with an eating disorder, you are not alone.
If you are located in the U.S., contact the National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA) Helpline at 1-800-931-2237 for support, resources, and treatment options.
If you are located in the United Kingdom, The Beat UK is here to support people who have or are worried they have an eating disorder. You can find all of the support services they provided by clicking here.
If you are located anywhere in the European Union, you can find support resources in your area at Mental Health Europe.
If you need some inspiration and comfort on your dashboard, follow Post It Forward on Tumblr.
14K notes · View notes
35 calorie brownies , 315 for the whole pan
I posted this recipe a while ago on reddit but I forgot to share it here.
-30g of flour = 110
-1/2 cup + 2 tbsp of sweetener = 0 (I used allulose, the amount of sweetener you’ll need will change depending on what you use)
-15 g of cocoa powder = 56
-1 egg = 70
-15 g of semisweet chocolate chips = 79 (I used Hershey’s semisweet chocolate chips)
-a few drops of vanilla extract = 0
-1/3 tsp of baking powder = 0
-a pinch of salt = 0
-milk if needed (calories will depend on how much you add)
• Preheat oven to 180 °C/350 °F.
• Line a pan with parchment paper.
• Whisk together the egg, sweetener, vanilla extract and salt.
• Add the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.Fold until it’s just combined, do not over-mix.If the mix is too dry you can add some milk.
• Pour the batter into the baking pan.
• Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
• Bake for 15-18 mins.
14K notes · View notes
17 THINGS NO ONE TELLS YOU ABOUT EATING DISORDERS
1. If you’ve been restricting, your asshole is literally going to explode every time you eat normal/binge.
2. Bulimia will make your teeth rot.
3. Purging is gonna become addicting, and you won’t be able to stop until you pass out in your own puke of exhaustion.
4. You want to keep your normal social life? Forget about it. Food is going to constantly penetrate your brain, and you’ll stop going to events or see your friends because there might be food there.
5. Your concentration is gonna be nonexistent. You won’t be able to focus on anything and your grades are going to drop significantly. Your memory is going to suck because your brain and body is lacking nutrition.
5. You’re going to be really fucking cold. All the time.
6. Thin enough? You’ll never be thin enough. It starts out with the need to be pretty, but you’ll never be satisfied. All you’re going to want is to be a walking skeleton, and you want to scare everyone with your appearance.
7. You’re going to be so weak that you’ll nearly pass out every time you walk up the stairs, take a shower, or something as little as getting out of bed.
8. You’re going to ruin your relationship with everyone you know. You’ll lie to everyone you know and love, and you won’t even care because it’s just your daily routine now. Some of those relationships will never be the same.
9. After being bulimic for a while, you stop caring about how gross it is. You’ll spend evenings covered in your own vomit and keep bags with puke under your bed and you won’t even care. You’ll constantly smell like puke unless you shower 3 times a day, but since your body is using all it’s strength to keep you alive, you won’t even have the energy to shower once a week.
10. You’ll feel like shit every time you eat normal for one day. The guilt is gonna eat you up (no pun intented) and you might purge it up or over exercise, and if this becomes a habit of yours, it will cause your body to go into shock. Your body is going to be confused and tired 24/7 and trust me, you are going to ruin yourself.
11. Recovery? It’s going to be harder than having the disease itself.
12. You’re going to crave food. All the fucking time. I mean yes, there’s gonna be days where you don’t even think about it, but food and numbers are gonna take up your entire life and existence. It’s suddently all you care and think about, everything else becomes insignificant.
13. You’re going to have bruises and scars everywhere on your body 24/7. Why? Because your body isn’t getting enough nutrients to function properly, your body literally won’t have the strength to heal them.
14. When you starve yourself, your body is literally going to eat it’s own muscles.
15. You’ll become dangerously competitive. Have a friend that’s skinnier than you? You’ll make it your dying wish to be skinnier than them.
16. Your hair will fall out, your skin is going to be disgusting and weird, and your nails will look like shit.
17. You’re going to die if you keep this up. Dying from eating disorders when you’re in your teens is unlikely, but when you grow older your body won’t be the same. Eating disorders have the highest mortality rate of all mental disorders. Please get help before it’s too late. I love you all 🤍
You think i’m being harsh? I am. This is the reality of eating disorders. Get out if you still can. My dm’s are always open if someone wants to talk. Please remember that there’s always someone rooting for you ♡
11K notes · View notes
Honey Mug Cake
- 1 tbsp flour (25 cal)
- 1/2 tbsp sweetener (0-24 cal)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (6 cal)
- 1/2 - 1 tsp honey (11- 21 cal)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (1 cal)
- 1 egg white (17 cal)
- pinch of salt
1. mix ingredients in a mug
2. microwave for between 1 minute 15 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds
- 1 tbsp yogurt (8 cal)
- 1-2 tsp milk of choice (1-5 cal)
- optional: 1 tsp honey (21 cal)
1. mix ingredients together and pour on cake
2. if you want, you can even add extra honey on top! :)
total cals: 60-94!
cals w the frosting: 73-129!
7K notes · View notes