Top 10 Defining Moments Happened On "Echoes Of The Past" According To Fans
Spoilers ahead! ⚠️🤚
10. Hooty being a good actor.
9. Eda driving her "bathtub-mobile" to find her sister, Luz & King.
8. Hooty getting himself out of the door. (at least he has to have a birdhouse to be in if he wants to travel alone or with somebody)
7. Luz fixes King's right horn. (I bet in the next episodes of the season, King will remember more and more about his past life)
6. Eda telling King (and possibly everyone) how she found and met King. In the flashback, we know why King's right horn is damaged. (also I love the fact, that I didn't notice, that Dana Terrace voiced young King, not only when King squeals)
5. Hooty being a cannon blasting the elixirs/potions to that "crescent-head monster". (special delivery! P A I N )
4. Hooty's reaction of crying due to feeling bad for King. (Hooty has feelings, too)
3. King having a conversation with Luz about his feelings right now after the real truth has been told. (tbh, looks like King went through his mental health at this point)
2. King telling his own "birth" backstory. He actually hatched out of an egg. (omg can you all just stop scrolling and admire/appreciate King as a baby 🥺💖🥰)
1. King having a existential crisis about being lied to in his entire life until now. (I love Alex Hirsch's acting on this one👏)
wake up babes, new king and belos parallel just dropped
also, from the Deadline article announcing the S3 renewal and S2's air date:
Season Two picks up immediately following the confrontation with Emperor Belos and finds our heroes working together to return Luz to the Human Realm, help Eda confront her inner demons, and search for the truth about King’s past.
Luz having a Winged Snake for a palisman is looking even MORE likely now?!
Because as this episode showed us, King is a Clawthorne... And like his dad(?), he’s going to grow wings! In other words, you don’t strictly need to be a bird to be a Clawthorne, just have wings...
So when you combine Luz’s affinity for snakes, and how the caduceus, the symbol for the medical field, consists of a staff wrapped with two snakes and a pair of wings... How Luz’s Palisman is related to HER desires, which she acknowledges as probably involving her mother Camila, a nurse... AND the title theory;
No but this is based on a conversation i had with a friend about how it almost kinda looks like GG is meant to sorta be a counterpart to luz but on the other side (Being a goofy kid himself who is trained under a powerful witch).
This being in addition to the fact belos almost appears to be cursed in the trailer, just making him out to be more like this kid’s eda. So i couldn’t help but think of this idea even if it’s so far mostly surface level. Though i’m all for it if that’s what they’re going for.
i just wanted to put these sketches out there so i don’t forget, feel free to enjoy.
Also i obviously didn’t draw belos because i dunno his face but if i do I’ll probably just completely shadow over it because it’d be funny.
Bonus points if they’re all the same personality wise.
Theory: THIS symbol, is like a glyph! But it needs something to activate it, something like… MOONLIGHT!
Remember the Moonlight Conjuring? And how the moonlight, combined with the circle made by Luz, Willow, and Gus’ arms, brought something to LIFE, specifically the house?
Then there’s the Wailing Star… Its light shines through a symbol in the library’s circular window, and then illustrations are brought to life! It’s probably Illusion-related.
What if the moonlight acted like a magical heating lamp… This symbol might be a glyph, and when the moon’s light (which has a face) shines through it, it allowed King’s egg to hatch! This could raise the possibility of King having been in his egg for a LONG time, but who knows? The moonlight brings things to life… And it might have something to do with the flesh-mold in the temple being brought to life in the temple, only to go inert outside of it!
Perhaps that’s why Jean-Luc’s meat arrow turned metal when it left the field- No more moon energy! If so, then does Belos and the Golden Guard use this mechanic to their advantage, spawning living flesh, but then removing that energy to turn it into solid material?
King’s father has a horn that resembles a crescent-moon and is even aligned with a new moon to symbolize this- If Belos is the creature he’s fighting, does Belos represent the Sun? The opposite, the antithesis to the King of Demons… Befitting his Light motif- And he’s like Luz, just as King is like his father! Interesting…
Random thought- Was Belos the brother of King’s father, AKA King’s uncle, before betraying him? Could this relate to the idea of there being two Titans, the one that is the Boiling Isles, and the one whose face is on the moon? Belos’ magic is red, the magic of that temple was blue… And the giant heart in his room, was it taken from King’s father???