Given how mages so often see their underlings as disposable, it’s something of an act of mercy to simply design them that way.
[ ][ ][ ] Create Contrapdrone – By bashing parts together, you can create a small walking machine called a Contrapdrone. Each turn, it will pick a direction at random, then walk between 5 and 30 feet in that direction. For each level of Create Contrapdrone, you gain the ability to create one of the following kinds of Contrapdrone:
- Bottle: The housing of this Contrapdrone centers around a bottle filled with a healing potion activated by the motion of the machine. If the bottle is removed, destroying the Contrapdrone, it can be drank immediately to regain d6 health. If drank within d6 rounds of being removed, it restores 1 health. Otherwise, the potion becomes inert.
- Bomb: This Contrapdrone is built around an explosive device. When it takes damage, or when it runs into an obstacle or creature, it explodes, dealing d6 damage to everything in a 10 foot radius.
- Beacon: This Contrapdrone houses a bright light that can be seen from great distances and through thick fog. Additionally, when it is built, you can encode it with a message, which it will deliver to the first person to touch it.
[ ][ ][ ][ | ][ | ] Seeker Contrapdrone – When you create a Contrapdrone, rather than have it travel randomly, you can give it something to search for. Each round, if what it was told to search for is within 20 feet per level of Seeker Contrapdrone, it will walk directly towards it. If multiple instances of its target are within range, it will choose the closer one.
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] Guide Contrapdrone – When you create a Contrapdrone, rather than have it travel randomly, you can give it a push in a certain direction. It will walk in that direction for a number of rounds up to your level of Guide Contrapdrone before defaulting to other programming.
[ ][ ][ ] Command Contrapdrones – With complex whistles, you can give out commands to all of your Contrapdrones within earshot. For each level of Command Contrapdrones, choose a command you can give this way:
- StopGo: All Contrapdrones in range stop moving until this command is given again.
- ReturnAway: All Contrapdrones in range will walk straight towards you until they reach you. If this order is given again, they will walk directly away from you until other orders take priority.
- HurryDown: Until this order is given again, whenever a Contrapdrone in range moves, double the distance after it is randomized.