[chants along with you, banging louder and faster] NEPHEW AU NEPHEW AU
ugh, so like, there’s plenty of ideas from Supergirl, the CW show that i hope get permanently incorporated into Supergirl, the comic book character (+ lore). Alex Danvers / the Danvers sisters is chief amongst them. The particular dynamic between Lena and Kara is another.
But a concept they never introduced in the show (to the show’s benefit, i’d honestly add) was that of Conner Kent, aka Superboy.
and basically, as someone who’s first real, In-Depth introduction to the DC-comics-verse was Young Justice, my brain went a lil something like:
- Conner Kent… has 2 dads.
- Kara is related to Superman, and by proxy, Conner. Lena is related to Lex, and by proxy, ALso related to Conner.
- Conner Kent……has 2 AUNTS?!?!?!?
so YEAH, Found Family between Clone Boy and his 2 Protective Aunts!!
(who maybe like each other but Conner has no interest in playing matchmaker)
even MORE than discovering that they’re all technically related genetically, what really makes my heart go oOOF is how all 3 of them have been rejected by Superman in one way or another.
- Clark didn’t have time or energy to raise Kara, so she was “abandoned” (show’s words) by Superman and placed into the Danvers’ care, growing up without her cousin, her only living relative and survivor of the same global disaster.
- Lena is the little sister of Lex, and I reFUSE to believe that Clark’s friendship wasn’t automatically and warmly extend to Lena as well….until it wasn’t anymore.
- Conner (if we follow YJ’s lead, anyways) just makes Clark feel ~weird~, because uhhh it’s my clone?!?? Made without my permission??? By my former friend-turned-deadly-nemesis? And Lex swoops in and tells Conner that it’s literally because I’m your father that Superman doesn’t trust you. And if Superman refuses to be a father to you, then let me instead…
like, this is the concept that i would want to sell to a comic book writer, i FEEL this story’s potential in my BONES!!!!!!
Every Adam Needs their Eve
so, like, when it was revealed that Eve Tessmacher had been working for Lex mid-s4, and then yet aNOTHER reveal that she had actually been assigned Lex by her real employer, Leviathan, i was SO IMPRESSED.
because, here’s a character who has always been written as the polar-opposite of Lois Lane—dim witted, obsessed with her hero Lex in the Worst way, the bimbo henchwoman—and it’s revealed that not only did she double-cross Lena Luthor, she double-crossed Lex as well!!
Lena bought Eve’s act because she needed a friend. Lex bought her act because, well, why WOULDN’T anyone fall madly in love with him??? he’s the Man of Tomorrow!
so basically i was ALL ABOARD THE ANDREA BROOKS S5 FULL TIME CAST-MEMBER train, because i thought they were literally going to make her, like, a duplicitous Black Widow type spy / assassin, but more vampy and SO! MUCH! FUN!! to watch.
aaaaand then plans went awry…
but this was speculative fic that, who knows, maybe i’ll turn into a series of byte-size ficlet chapters of Eve Tessmacher: bubbly spy, wicked assassin, navigating the secrets of Leviathan, triple-crossing the gang, and basically just being a character i would 1000% enjoy every moment of.
so uhhhh lemme know if there’s any interest in that??? chaptered ficlets are easier to write when the connective tissue is purposefully thin and vague…