10 easy & subtle ways to celebrate Mabon
For my little closeted witches and pagans out there
1. SUN WATER!!! Charge it! Hoard it!! Mabon is the celebration of the sun, take advantage of that and use it to its fullest! (how to make sun water right here: X)
2. Try to cook something! People usually start baking autumn foods around Mabon like pie, poultry, bread or fluffy desserts. Anything you know will get you cozy and full
3. Take some time to reflect on the gifts nature grants us, give words to your gratefulness!
3. Keep the first acorn you see as a good luck charm! I’ve been doing it for years, it’s just a fun little habit to pick up
4. Doodle some pentacles everywhere: they’re a pretty popular symbol of Mabon! They’re easy to draw and they don’t have to be big or easy to spot.
5. Try a little apple spell like this one X
6. Make a bonfire! Invite some friends or family over and share some good ol wine. Spend time outside before the air gets too chilly!
7. Buy a new type of tea, something that’s adapted to the changing season! I recommend lemongrass, ginger, chamomile or chai tea.
8. If you can’t decorate, collect a few fallen leaves! Get a little bit of nature inside your house.
9. The veil is thinning! Light a candle for a loved one who passed/a spirit and spare a thought for them.
10: Self-heal: take a good bath, dress thick and warm, maybe pour yourself a mug of chocolate or a cup of cider, whatever your comfort drink is. Anything to let you completely disconnect with your daily stress. No matter what goes on in your life, the Earth is still spinning. The seasons still follow one another as they always have. Nature is a constant on which we can rely on, just like the sun and the moon. Mabon is all about finding balance so before pondering the balance of the universe, try to find the balance in yourself.
796 notes · View notes