1. What is required:
- ~300-330 g any pasta you have
- 1 cup of frozen peas (or canned)
- 1 cup unsweetened soy or almond milk
- stem of 1 leek
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- spices of your choice (I used rosemary, garlic powder, chili flakes)
- black pepper and salt (essentials!)
- olive oil (optional - I did not use it)
2. Cut the leek into rings and place them on the baking sheet. Add spices and drizzle of olive oil if used. Mix well. Bake the leek at 210 C or 410 F for 10-15 minutes. Stir it once after 8 minutes when baking.
While it’s being baked, cook pasta al dente.
3. It’s time to cook the sauce. Add a cup of milk, lemon juice with zest, and nutritional yest into a big pan. Simmer it for 5-8 minutes constantly stirring. Add frozen peas and cook for 2 minutes more.
4. Add pasta and simmer it until the sauce becomes thicker. It took 2-3 minutes additionally.
5. Don’t forget about the leek! Remove it from the oven and place on a plate.
Serve the pasta with the baked leek.