Anyone have a good online note-taking app/system for Mac/Desktop??
- Brainstorm first:
- This might sound like a lot of extra work, but brainstorming helps the decision. One way to do this is to make a mind map. In the middle, write the topic for the entire course. Then, write bubbles for every subcategory in that topic that you can think of. For every subcategory bubble, think of smaller categories that relate, until you have a web of topics that range from narrow to wide.
- Be original:
- Don’t pick something that has already been used as an example or a case study in class. If your teacher gives you a list of themes, then choose from there, but make sure it doesn’t seem like you’re just taking their ideas from class and regurgitating them on paper.
- Narrow it down by expanding further:
- The less generic your topic is, the better your paper will be. Try to find a deeper issue in the topic you want to do.
- Do some research before you settle:
- Sometimes you’ll find that you want to completely change your topic once you start doing some research. Often, writers do not end up writing the same paper they began writing. This could be because you realize that there are more scholarly sources out there for another topic, or because you’ve simply lost interest in the original one. Any of these reasons are valid and prove that doing some research right off the bat will help you.
✨I slept in a bit today which was honestly really nice. I got up at 8:30 to head out on a run! I was planning on going to the track but I totally forgot to sign up to use it this week. So I did that this morning for the remainder of the week, and took today off from speed work and just did a longer, recovery pace run. And then I’ll do the track workout tomorrow morning!
✨After my run I made the same green smoothie as I’ve been making for the past few weeks lol 😂 It’s kale, spinach, banana, blueberries, and oat milk!
✨Now I’m currently at Finley’s chilling with her for an hour! We’ll go on a walk at 11, but I just wanted to hang with her for a bit :) I also am coming back to walk her at 4, so I’ll probably just come here an hour early to do a phone catch up with my old teacher while I chill with her some more later too haha Oh how I love this pup!!
✨Before that I am going to the aquarium store with my friend to get a little baby shrimp to join my fish tank 🤗
✨Then at 4:40 I have a doctors appointment, which I honestly need. It’s mostly about mental health stuff but also an annual physical exam. And I love the NP I am seeing and so I am honestly looking forward to it (but also hoping all the physical stuff checks out! The joys of being a girl and getting breast exams and Pap smears lol)
✨Then this evening I have to replace the peddles on my moms road bike that I managed to break 🙈
✨I hope you’re all having a nice day!
mod bee here and I just wanna let y’all know a bit about me!
- college sophomore at a large state school
- secondary ed (social studies 9-12) major w a minor in psych
- taking 5 full time classes and 2 one credit hour classes
- so far classes are supposed to be in person so I’ll be living off campus in an apartment
- this is my first time being on campus bc I transferred this summer from my old university!!
freshman: omg so excited for college!! so what’s the college experience like?!?!
classes start in thirteen days and if i could get a syllabus rn that’d be,,,,kinda hot
okay i’ve been reblogging way too much phineas and ferb for today hahah i better pay attention to my class now
Throwback to that time my Hoard sat in the middle of the Co-rd eating the equivalent of four giant garlic baguettes.
Ah… those were the days
📸 I took this picture on the 12th of August in 2018 so that’s 724 days ago.. I was entering my senior year of high school that’s so long ago 💓💓
9th of August 2020 // 44/100 days of productivity
I had my third geology exam… I think I did well but I still don’t know my exact grade :/ I also went babysitting so that’s good…
10th of August 2020 // 45/100 days of productivity
I studied calculus since I had a calculus exam the next day :)
100 Days of Productivity || 4/100
This is what happens when you haven’t taken a math class in over 7 years, so you have to reteach yourself basic math in order to take a placement test.
Slow morning spend journaling and sipping a home made latte
suddenly feeling stressed about everything and anything wby
im moving onto campus today! here’s hoping everything goes well!
In my first semester our professors told us to design a museum in Iceland, in the Myavtn region. It was quite difficult as we had no opportunity to go there haha.
In order to create this project I picked elements from traditional icelandic architecture (see turf houses) and modern local approaches such as the use of raw concrete and then I used them to design a museum that could embrace tradition but still incorporate a different way of doing things.
since college is starting soon and I know a lot of classes are online now, just a reminder that the professor (and sometimes TAs) have acess to your activitylog on Canvas of what pages and documents you’ve viewed as well as the date and time you viewed them so like… don’t view them during a test or quiz